AM Activity Now!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Apr 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W3RSW

W3RSW Ham Member QRZ Page

VJB Paul, tnx fer mentioning the May 4 excellent conditions May 4th eve. on 7289. I also chimed in around 9:00 pm local.
    Also KA8WTK , Bill checked in running only 25 watts I think. Quite readable here.
    I did check my 32V2 PTT turn-on warble you caught running SAM demod. Yep, shows on my QS1R screen and as claimed settled rapidly but
    regular diode detectors wouldn't catch.
    Put 2 and 2 together and suspected, later verified, that my daughter works in same school system as Pam. ;)
    Small world OM.

2. AC0OB

AC0OB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Anyone want to try 14.328 and try to rise above the static crashes?

Pheel

3. WA3VJB

WA3VJB Ham Member QRZ Page

Rick you really made Pam's day after a video conference, when your daughter asked her to "stay on" the call for a few minutes. She laid out the story. "Oh one of Paul's radio friends," Pam thought at first, then it started to sink in !

Between you and Bill KA8WTK, you made my radio evening quite a flashback. I hope to run across you both more often!

Mod-U-Later

-pc/VJB-

4. AG5CK

AG5CK Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear some SSB activity on 10m. I've been calling CQ on 29.000 and will be listening.

5. W2VW

W2VW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

6-19-20 0100Z

Milwaukee to NJ 29020 AM

K9TNN W9CBN KC9MUM KB9ZTF W2VW & some guy in 4 land

Good signals. E skip.

The group is usually on Thursday evenings.

6. N0RU

N0RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Dave, I am copying you on 29.000 now with a S-7 signal. AC0OB is weaker, with QSB. Nice to hear some 10 meter AM activity.

7. W2VW

W2VW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

TNX. Hopefully we can make it two ways soon. 73

8. AC0OB

Yes, good talkin' to you Dave and there is even more activity down the band. You really came up toward the latter end of our QSO. Great audio BTW.

Pheel

9. AC0OB

Well, I got on 7.285 last night and called, "CQ Party, CQ Party, CQAMPHONE 40 Meters" and got a few weak contacts with some surprising responses from first time AM mode operators.

Amazing how calling this way seems to clear the slot from 7.280 to 7.295. :D

Earlier there was an ongoing round table on 7.290 and an operator was calling CQ Party on 7.288 so I fired up the Icom-7200 and informed the SSB operator he was too close for comfort. He stated he could not hear the adjoning QSO but did state he would glady move down the frequency and did so; nice guy! Wish they were all that courteous and accommodating.

Pheel

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    W1TRY, N1BCG and W2VW like this.
  10. K0GWA

K0GWA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Every morning on 3825 with a group all around Minnesota. Usually starts around 14:30 UTC