ad: ProAudio-1

AM Activity Now!

Discussion in 'Amplitude Modulation' started by N6YW, Apr 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N6YW

N6YW Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

The AMI West Coast Wednesday Net will start this evening with early check in's around 7:30 pm. PST.

2. K4KYV

K4KYV Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I was wondering where that station was from. It has to be the most obnoxious BC station I ever heard. They start out with very annoying martial sounding music, like something out of Germany in the 1930s, then switch to an Islamic prayer call. Their sideband garbarge has a peak about 10 kHz away from their carrier, and wipe out the band above about 7280.

KX5JT likes this.
  3. KX5JT

KX5JT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep I heard them last night fire up when you and Timmy were on 7.290..... BOOM, no more copy.

4. WZ5Q

WZ5Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Having a real nice QSO on 3885kc with Tim, KC9QJE on "Mr. Lincoln" his 4x1 Modulated by 833A's Borgi Built Homebrew at 7:30UTC.
    Static levels are very high, 0dB on the Hallicrafters R274 Carrier Level Meter, but Tim is quieting them very well with his Big Iron from Illinois.
    Also talking with Jim, N8ULN on his 304TL Rig. Propagation is not too good from Ohio as Jim is Q2 - Q3 in the heavy QRN.
    Jeff, W0XV is Q5 with a big signal from Mississippi, but he would be considered local to me here in Central Louisiana.

N6YW, KX5JT and K4VA like this.
  5. W2VW

W2VW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just worked N8CDY on 29000 AM. 23:00. NJ to OH.

Heard several others but band is not solid.

Time to park a good receiver on 29000 and call CQ once in a while.

This may work for a few weeks.

KA0HCP likes this.
  6. W2VW

29010 right now 23:50 with N4HLP.

KX5JT likes this.
  7. W2VW

10 meters open here in NJ again NOW 15:00 utc.

Forrest Gump beacon on .425 plus a half dozen Southeastern State's beacons easily readable.

I'll be monitoring on and off all day. Exceptionally quiet day here due to rain on power lines.

Somebody please get on even if you don't like me.

U can call me a jerk on the air.

8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Calling you on 29.005 with my wet noodle antenna

9. W2VW

I monitor 29000. .005 is OK but I might miss someone when the band is marginal.

Curious what you were able to hear there today.

10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I heard nothing. I called ever 5 kc's up to 29.015 and down over about an hour. I finally checked the propagation prediction with HamCAP and it showed a big donut hole with only a thin ring out to about the Rockies (from Maryland). Prediction was best for 20m and below.

I checked 10m beacons as well again with nil result. Was unable to turn up anyone on 7295 as well.