Aluminum Body Vehicles - Antenna Options?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by K5KMY, Oct 12, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W8CEN

W8CEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you sir. I may try that mount.
    I wonder if a ground independent antenna would work better for the fender mount application?

2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Over $300 for a stinkin' mount? Yikes!

WC5P was spot on when he said "absurdly expensive."

KK9W and AI7PM like this.
  3. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

"HAMs" ?

Surprised no incoming yet...

4. KC1NMT

KC1NMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah it certainly is. Partly why I'm just plugging it into my HT currently.

I also think it is the cleanest antenna install you can do on a pick up truck and well worth the coin to me. No holes, no body work, completely reversible and best of all it's above the roof!

5. W8CEN

W8CEN Ham Member QRZ Page

6. K5KMY

K5KMY Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m not sure what I’m missing...

Edmo

7. NG1H

NG1H XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It isn't an acronym so no need for capitalization. Some members get, ah, a little huffy when someone makes this (IMO) innocent mistake. The response can be somewhat harsher than a gentle hint.

There are far more important things to worry about. Like there/their, its/it's, and not knowing how to properly use the Oxford comma.

W7TCT and WZ7U like this.
  8. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

That's your job.

9. K5KMY

K5KMY Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks...

I didn’t realize typing HAM was a trigger for some. I guess there are hall monitors in every endeavor.

Edmo

W9FL and KI5LTA like this.
  10. W7TCT

W7TCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Off-topic / Hijack warning: Hey, that was my classic rant to my students when I assigned them an essay. While I allowed other styles, I really am a Chicago style guy.

But improper use of apostrophes ( yes, "73's" makes me cringe), the there, their, and they're, and its and it's confusion was rampant.

It isn't a dog, a cat and a horse (unless perhaps something is going on with the cat and the horse). It is a dog, a cat, and a horse.

sigh... thank you, @NG1H - and yes, I worry about many other things. :) - hmm, is there a one and done Peeves thread where Zedders could just get this organized? E.g., when they see "HAM" they could just refer Peeve comment #x.

</whining>
    </hijack>

("Gee, does Tom have too much time on his hands today?")