ad: w5yi

ALS-600 replacement power supply

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by K7JOE, Dec 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I will get the part numbers from it this weekend.
    Here is one link to one of them. https://www.qsl.net/kf8od/50vdcpsu.html

Ed

KD2ACO likes this.
  2. K7JOE

K7JOE Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you, Ed. You're always helpful in your posts, and I appreciate it a lot !

WA4SIX likes this.
  3. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That thing is a honkin' monster. It's amazing how inexpensive it is.

4. WA4SIX

That's a low amperage one. You can find up to 120 amp units out there. I have one of them, too.
    Just search ebay for " 48v power supply "

KD2ACO likes this.
  5. KM4JSQ

KM4JSQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello I'm stuck in the same situation I have a all-600 and need a cheap power supply, can you tell me the modal of the one you got on Ebay for $68? Thanks 727-450-9909

6. WA4SIX

Here's an article the most commonly used supply.
    HP ESP 120 Power Supply for RF LDMOS Amplifiers (n4ga.com)

Ed

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    VE2GCE likes this.
  7. VE2GCE

VE2GCE Ham Member QRZ Page

Some applications that use high current 48-57 volt DC switching power supplies include the following:
    1) Rectifiers to float charge huge 48 volt battery banks in telecom central offices and data centers.
    2) Large ethernet switches (24, 48 and more ports) for providing PoE (Power over Ethernet) to connected devices.

If you are searching on eBay, Kijiji, or other sites try using the key words like 'rectifier' or 'poe' in addition 48 volt power supply.
    Manufacturers include HP (HPE), Emerson, Huawei, etc.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  8. KM4JSQ

Ok thank you so much I need a cheaper way to replace my power supply for my solid state all-600 watt amp, if you see anything please let me know I'm just getting into HF. Thanks 73's you can also text me at 727-450-9909

9. KM4JSQ

Hey I have the all-600 amp and my power supply went out can you give me the model of the one your using you got for $68, That would save me a lot of money, you can text me if you don't mind it would help me out a lot to get the power supply you got, I was in a coma for 6 days and in the hospital for 1 month and got some brain damage and my parents sold off most my equipment and I can't work or drive so if you could help me by texting me the model and if you have a picture that would be great, Thanks 73's 727-450-9909 Handel is ROB KM4-JSQ

10. WA4SIX

HP ESP 120 Power Supply for RF LDMOS Amplifiers (n4ga.com) That article has all the info you need.

Ed