ALPHA AMPLIFIERS KEY CABLE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by 2E0AHX, Jul 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. 2E0AHX

2E0AHX Ham Member QRZ Page

hi everyone

Live in the United Kingdom, trying to get keying cable, part number AJX-X262.

Have spoke with Alpha in Colorado, but cannot get any joy, problem with shipping to UK?

How can I get one sent to UK if they will not now respond to my emails.

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Yaesu FT-100MP Mk.V Manual
    Page 5 has Pin Assignments on Rear Panel BAND DATA 8-pin DIN connector.
    http://www.radiomanual.info/schemi/YAESU_HF/FT-1000MP_MK5_user.pdf

Alpha RF Systems : Keying Cable
    Amplifier Keying Cable, for Yaesu Radios, made with RG-316 Teflon coax, 6 ft long
    p/n AJX-X262
    Yaesu FT-1000MP MkV to Alpha 9500/8410/8406/8100/87A/89/99/91B
    (Also compatible with Yaesu FT-2000, FTdx-5000MP, FTdx-9000, FT-1000MP, FT-1000D, FT-920)

Plug DIN 8-pin Connector end of cable into BAND DATA jack of FT-1000MP (near the center of the rear panel).
    Ensure that LIN switch (on rear panel of radio) is set to OFF. This disables the relay providing silent keying of the amplifier (refer to your radio manual for exact instructions and switch location for your model).

Plug RCA connector end of cable into RCA jack labeled RELAY (or KEY IN) on rear panel of Alpha amplifier.
    Do not use this cable with amplifiers that exceed the limits of the FT-1000MP internal transistor on their key line (40vdc/100ma).

NOTE – Cable is NOT for usage with these Yaesu Radios
    FT-857, FT-897, FT-897D, FT-840, FT-900, FTDX-1200, FT-450, FT-950, FT-817

3. G0GSR

G0GSR Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that just a Phono to phono lead?

I could make you an oxygen free, gold plated, snake oil impregnated, ptfe lead for half that price and still be ripping you off. Make one?

Frank

4. 2E0AHX

2E0AHX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    Thanks for your reply. I am making enquiries for my partner, much appreciated, cheers

5. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like your opportunity to DIY Build for them, and make some £ or €

KD2ACO likes this.
  6. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I want those for my stereo! :p

7. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

$69.00!!! What's that thing made of???? DIY it from a length of audio lead.. Cut the plug off one end and solder an 8 pin min din plug (Philmore p/n EMA8).. Refer to the radio's manual for pin out of the BAND DATA jack.. If you can't locate a plug, I'll send you one for $8.00 USD plus the cost of shipping..

Nick KM5FL

8. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Nick, hey long time no hear from you here. How ya been? Nice to see you.

9. KM5FL

KM5FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Lou.. Long story short -- I'm not doing too well. Due to age and serious medical condition, I've sold off all my ham stuff.. I never did get the big tower installed.. I've been in and out of the hospital a lot the past 12 - 14 months.. Ann told me just the other day I should get in touch with you..