For Sale Alpha 87A --HF FULL LEGAL LIMIT, FULL KEYDOWN

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N5XO, Jul 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
  1. N5XO

N5XO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have fully restructured my shack, with 90% of the focus now on VHF/UHF SSB/CW/Digital Contesting and Doing, I no longer need multiple HF amps.

I have two Alpha 87A's......Only keeping one and want to sell the other.

FULL LEGAL LIMIT WITH 27 TO 35 WATTS INPUT, depending on band, rated for constant keydown with out missing a beat....in perfect working condition and a 9 out of 10 cosmetically, with just a few minor age blemishes. The tubes are strong, no soft tubs, full output with ease.

IDEAL would be local pickup, but it can be shipped...in two boxes one for amp and one for transformer. I do not have the original boxes.

$3,000 plus shipping....

Attached Files:

K6RA, W6GH, K4PDX and 1 other person like this.
  2. N1RCX

N1RCX Ham Member QRZ Page

Any idea of the max output pep?

3. N5XO

N5XO Ham Member QRZ Page

Power Master Watt meter demonstrates full legal on CW/SSB/

4. WU2M

WU2M Ham Member QRZ Page

What is the Grid Current at full 1500W?

5. N5XO

N5XO Ham Member QRZ Page

I honestly can not tell you, been awhile since I had it up...but typical is about 32 to 35.....Driving into a 3000 watt dummy load with 60 watts on 20 meters will typically drive you to 2800 watts plus or minus....

We are performing a major remodel of our shack......and my plans only had the one amp returning.

6. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.