Alpha 87 Amplifier Craigslist Orlando Scam!

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KA7NIQ, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA8DKT

KA8DKT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Follow the "parcelforce.com" link. Parcel Force is located in the UK...
    -gary

2. KA7NIQ

KA7NIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent him an email asking for his Ham Call sign, ALL emails from him stopped, after that request!

3. AD6KA

AD6KA Ham Member QRZ Page

Right....and he claims to be in the London working for "Save The Children" which doesn't even have a LOndon Office. Parcel Force is a real private company that delivers International packages for the UK Royal Mail. (Oh, and they have a 30kg limit, and they don't pick up in the USA). It's all part of the BS scammers frequently bring in the names & URL's of real companies that have nothing to do with the scam, I guess to add veracity to their already unbelievable stories! :D

ALTHOUGH.... a typical scam like that might also refer the buyer
    to a FAKE Parcel Force site, or the buyer might get an email from
    a FAKE "Parcel Force Customer Service Agent" with an email addy
    like parrcel_force023@yahoo.co.uk , which you could get anywhere
    in the world.

A Russan ham got seriously snookered last year by just such a fake shipping company. Yeah, he paid some OTHER SOB for rigs he never got, but the real scam was from the fake "shipping company". Charged him 2,000 UK pounds between the charge for the radios (300 GBP for an IC718, AND an FT-847, and an LDG Autotuner, which should have been his first clue)

Then the "shiping company" "First Flight Couriers" (which was a fake website knock off of the REAL "First Flight" in India, charged him more and more money for non existant "one last fee before we can ship". "Security Fee", "Customs Inspection Fee" "even a "Police Fee". There were about 5 fees all together IIRC. Then when they said "You must pay GBP 1,420 POUNDS for VAT before we can ship" he put his foot down...sorta.
    That poor guy posted here on QRZ and told his story and asked "Does this sound like a reasonable Customs Tax to ship only two radios from England to Moscow?" :(
    Poor guy had no idea AT ALL he's been scammed....and was in denial for quite a while too, like many victims.
    We asked him to start by filing a Police Reprt, MAYBE (VERY SMALL CHANCE) of running down the guy
    who picked up the WU payments for the rigs. What did he do? He asked the guy who "sold him the
    rigs to file a report,, which he said he di". NOT realizing that the rig seller was part of the FAKE SHIPPING COMPANY GANG!

And oh, by the way, the FAKE "First Flight Couriers" website is back up again.
    After some other scam baiters and I had it and all their email addresses killed,
    and a couple bank accounts & cell phone numbers.

FAKE First Flight URL: http://www.ffce.22web.net

REAL First Flight URL: http://www.firstflight.net/

God, fighting scammers like fighting a snake that goes three new heads for every one you chop off.
    Ken AD6KA

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  4. N0BOX

N0BOX Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that fake FirstFlight page is terrible. The pricing information is off the wall, and there are several "News" posts with a title of "Example 1/2/3" and the standard fill-in text of "Lorem ipsum doler sit...". The site is built on top of the open-source blogging software "WordPress", and on the Home page they forgot to remove the credit tag for the designer of the theme they used.

Unfortunately, they are successful with their scams only because they catch people who aren't paying close enough attention.

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The ad was reported to Craigslist on Sunday, June 5, 2011 both as a scam and also that the item was not located in Orlando. We'll see what happens.

6. KA7NIQ

KA7NIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I called this number for first flight, and they answered!

United States of America :
    Suite Number: 500, 42 West, 38th Street, Newyork - 10018,
    United States of America.

Ph: 001 212 382 1741
    Fax: 001 212 997 0021
    Email: sales@firstflightusa.com

7. AD6KA

HI Chris: Thanks for the info. I've a feeling
    that is the USA office of the REAL First Flight Courier based in India.

Can someone in the UK, or someone with Skype or Magic Jack please
    try calling the number given at the KNOWN FAKE First Flight website?

Phone # Listed at fake site: +447024030958
    Fake FF URL: www.ffce.22web.net
    Fake FF email listed at their site: first.flightcourier@live.com
    The's the UK calling code on that phone number
    all right, with a cell phone forwarding code (702).

I'd call, but from So Cal it'd be pricey, and I've been told
    the cell phone forwarding is an extra charge that YOU are nicked for.

I've sent them an email inquiry about a valuable air shipment,
    we will see what they say. They are not hiding behind Gmail.
    Strange they have the stones to use the same corprate email account they
    did back in Sept when we shut a lot of their emails down.

This was their URL back then, to SEVERAL email accounts.
    41.138.183.120 Nigeria (Lagos)*

73, Ken AD6KA

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  8. AD6KA

Back to the ALPHA 87A Scam Saga......

Back to the ALPHA 87A Scam Saga......
    When this started I emailed both Parcel Force and Save The Children.
    I was surprised to receive no replies from either organization. :(
    Silly me, they ended up in my Spam Folder. :rolleyes:

I sent these folks (PF AND STC) not only the advert and Craiglist link,
    but both emails from the scammer:
    1) "I am currently in the UK, I work for "Save the Children" blah, blah, blah"

2) "My shipper is Parcel Force. You will make the payment through them with CC, Pay Pal, etc. You will have 10 days to inspect the product, if you dont like the item Parcel Force will pick it up at your home at my expense, blah, blah,blah"

Reply from Parcel Force, with MY replies in red.
    Gods, these idiots remind me of OUR Post Office:
    OTOH, Save The Children's attitude was strikingly different:

9. WA9YZM

WA9YZM Ham Member QRZ Page

No Ham License to that name in Florida - Searched FCC Universal Licensing System

10. KD4QFT

KD4QFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi
    Not long ago he also had a kenwood 922 for sale. same story, he must I think be a Ham and also really honest christian helping oters.
    I am always suspicious of ads that say God bless you and the like.
    73 Colin in Orlando just picked up a Alpha what a bargain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.