For Sale Alpha 77 PA hf amplifier

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KT9D, Jun 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KT9D

KT9D Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 2 of these Alpha amps so selling one. Operates 10-80 mtrs...has optional position on band switch to add components to add 160mtrs. This amp is running a single 8877...4kV plate transformer...grid trip circuit...vac variable C1. Heavy duty components capable of 1500 watts+. Includes one 8877 currently in the amplifier. Ser # 2532.

This is the older version of Alpha 77...not capable of being expanded to 2 tubes. The push button switches on the front panel are designed to light when pushed...but a couple of those are not lighting but the buttons function as designed. I have an original owners manual for this amp. I WILL NOT SHIP THIS AMP. Pick up only and I will show you how it operates in my shack and help you load it. Works on 220v.

Asking $1450...firm. NO TRADES...Cash only. Email me directly for info or other pix...at blades1947.cb@gmail.com

DSC04599.JPG DSC04599.JPG

W6GH, K5MTY, KX1MAD and 1 other person like this.
  2. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that the price for both amps or price for each amp?

3. KT9D

KT9D Ham Member QRZ Page

Only selling one..I think thats in the ad if you reread it. Never seen a working alpha with 8877 listed any lower than my price. Bad news is pickup only...too big and heavy to ship.

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.