Almost embarrassed to be a amateur radio operator

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KG5TED, Sep 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

2401. [​IMG]

2. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K2XT, KC1DQH and K4YWZ like this.
  3. K4YWZ

K4YWZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Heck, Burt, a guy like you... with the experience and background in ham radio that you have... has a tremendous amount to offer. If there's a criticism, it's only that you so frequently disparage hams and ham radio. Kind of like the OP in this thread, with his provocative title and post.

The Zed here is nothing more than an online watering hole for folks who supposedly share a common interest. I confess I've never understood why there would ever be a compulsion to throw shade at those enjoying that interest. And yet you see it all the time. It's too bad that the abstraction of the keyboard impels people to say things they'd never say to someone in person.

Alas.

In the meantime, you've got one more like...

K1OIK and KK4HPY like this.
  4. KG5TED

KG5TED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was referring to comments like "well just go away" or "can't be a hero". That's the ones I were talking about. The majority of the comments are useful.
    Thanks
    Ted KG5TED

5. KG5TED

KG5TED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sorry for how I worded my title of my original message. After reading it I knew I worded it wrong. But with the feedback I received here I guess I would of worded it more like "wrong expectations" or "where to find information". I really didn't mean it to sound the way it did. I guess it's my fault I got some of the responses I have. So, even here I am learning from my experience. And thanks for pointing that out to me I do appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Ted KG5TED

KA2CZU, K4YWZ and KK4HPY like this.
  6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber QRZ Page

W6ELH and W4IOA like this.
  7. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

The "embarassing" thing is just pretending that some really old technologies are "emcomm" or that the government needs us. Its the general public that has lost cell phone and internet that needs us and what they really need is cell phone and internet

N6QIC likes this.
  8. KK4YWN

KK4YWN Ham Member QRZ Page

9. W4IOA

W4IOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

@KK4WYN
    "I was caught in the back seat with a buxom blonde when I was 17. I was almost embarrassed."

Ham radio studs always draw the chicks. Embarrassed eh? Coax not heavy enough to power the amp?

WZ7U and WR2E like this.
  10. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio mesh networks can get people's smart phones on wifi and that would be a great public service.

K5BBC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.