ad: M2Ant-1

ALLSTAR

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K3ALG, Jul 2, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. K3ALG

K3ALG Ham Member QRZ Page

New to rhe relm of the allstar world as I have not dived into it much. But after reading a lot of documentation on it. Is there any decent suppliers that have pre built node boxes?

2. AB3RI

AB3RI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. AB3RI

4. K3ALG

Yes sir I did. Now this box here. Is pretty awesome. Gotta say. In order to route it to a repeater would I cross band it with the repeater RX freq?

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Unless it is your repeater, You should not Cross Band to it without permission.

If setup properly, Cross banding will make your ID transmit over the repeater, And that is normally a no no, Unless you own it.

Most users just connect their node to a repeater that has a Allstar Node (Hub) on it. Your CW or Voice ID does not go over the Allstar system, Or other repeaters that are connected to it.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  6. K3ALG

Yeah it will be on my repeater. I own the entire system. Here is the set up!

Attached Files:

KA9JLM likes this.
  7. K3ALG

Basically the idea would be to hook the box up on a simplex freq which would be the RX freq of the repeater and just run really lower power. And just toss a yagi up and point it towards my tower. Cross band it over and talk that way. Did a couple experiments recently and it worked well.

8. AB3RI

No, do not crossband the pre-built node boxes with a repeater. That's not what they are for. You can easily build an Allstar node that interfaces with almost any repeater built within the last 30 years. I'd recommend researching on http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/index.html and especially https://hamvoip.org

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree, It is not the best idea.

But it has been done when a repeater site has no Internet connection available. It is easy enough to cure using a Mobil hotspot, At extra cost.

10. K3ALG

Thanks guys. Yeah totally new to the analog allstar thing. But if you threw a digital repeater DMR, Dstar, P25 and i could get it fired up in a day and linked to whatever master they wanted. I got my ticket starting off in digital world. So since my father passed last month im trying to get this allstar analog project going for him. Its what he really wanted and im hellbent on getting it done. W3NTT was his call.