ad: Flexradio-1

All things Quartzfest 2023 Report

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG5AHJ, Feb 2, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

KM4JEG and N8JJM like this.
  2. N6TDG

N6TDG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the videos Frank. I know Quartzite well, having overnighted there many times coming to and fro from fairs in the Southwest during the late winter/spring. What I am wondering though re: the antenna videos. These guys are using HT's to deliver the selling points of their antenna..., or are they not selling, but just displaying their homebrew antennas and using the HT's to talk about their antennas? Even then, are they broadcasting, or allowing for two way conversation?

KG5AHJ likes this.
  3. KG5AHJ

KG5AHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It was an antenna show of the antennas they had setup and wanted to talk about. The HT were used so the presenter did have to yell and the ham audience that were in present. i cut off the Q&A and sevel operator did ask questions on there HT. there was a good group walking around for the antenna walk.

4. N6TDG

N6TDG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for the clarification Frank. I would imagine that someone might have had the same question over the years. I suppose its treated more like a directed net or some such thing. I understand using the HTs as a sort of megaphone.

Again, thanks for the videos

KG5AHJ likes this.