Canceled all mode VHF/UHF Reciever needed for EME experiment

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KK4NSF, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I need an all mode VHF/UHF reciever for an EME experiment. I'd like to find an Icom R-7000 or R-7100, but a good unit from another manufacturer would be acceptable as long as it covers ~125mhz to ~1.5ghz (with the appropriate cell phone gap, of course) and is computer controllable. I'm not concerned about cosmetics, as long as it is fully functional. An Icom PCR1000 will not work for this, by the way.

Now... here is the kicker: funding for this project is very low (like almost non-existant low)... so I'd like to trade if possible. I've got a very nice Kenwood TS-440s AT that I could let go of. OR you could donate it to a good cause! ;)

Terms- this offer is only for licensed HAMS on QRZ, so we can verify each other before dealing. Also, no deals outside of the US.... and to be honest, I'd prefer it to be close enough to Mobile AL so we can avoid shipping.

please contact me via the QRZ messages

Thanks,
    Dave
    KK4NSF

2. KD6DKH

KD6DKH Ham Member QRZ Page

Our club has 4 Kenwood 711A from the estate of an SK. These are 2 meter all mode transceivers.

3. KK4NSF

I'd like to find a wider frequency range than just 2m... but I might be able to use one or two. What do you want for them?

Also, do they have the computer interface cards installed?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Use an SDR. Get a good one, lots of bits. The 8 bit RTLs will work ($20), but something like SDRPlay (14 bits) is much better. I think SDR I/Q is 16 bits?

All of those will cover 6m 2m 220 440 900 1296... And 1400 hydrogen line if you get into radio astronomy! Oh and GPS and Iridium hacking too...

Enjoy!

KK4NSF and KS1G like this.
  5. KG1H

KG1H Ham Member QRZ Page

From KG1H -- I have an R7000 for sale that is in great (physically and operational) condition and looking for around $400 for it. Shipping would not be a problem. Would you be interested, or what would you offer for it.? Also, have an R71A available.

6. KK4NSF

I am interested. Can you send me a pic?

7. KD6DKH

KD6DKH Ham Member QRZ Page

Call Willie Patterson
    WZ6M
    1 (626) 398-8045

He is now handling the Estate Items. I’m not sure, I tested 2 of them only to see that they received and transmitted. They also had held the memory. Yes they tested fine.

That was all I knew about them .

KK4NSF likes this.
  8. KK4NSF

After you mentioned SDRs, I had to spend some time researching them. They certainly show a lot of promise, don't they? Thanks for the recommendation

9. KK4NSF

Just FYI: I decided to go the SDRplay route for this experiment. Thanks all.

10. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.