ad: CQMM-1

Alinco US Distribution

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WL7M, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. WL7M

WL7M Ham Member QRZ Page

I received word today that Alinco is back up and running and product began shipping today, distribution is being handled by Remtronix Inc http://www.remtronix.com/ -- I don't yet have information on how warranty and repair will be handled but as soon as I do I'll post it.

I also received word of several price reductions as well as announcement of the launch of the HF SDR DX-SR9T. Let's all remember that Alinco is an excellent company and brand and we are very lucky to have distribution in the US!

George Howard - NW4G
    www.gigaparts.com

2. W0WDF

W0WDF Ham Member QRZ Page

I talked with Mike Herbert (WB6JKV) day before yesterday and they are handleing the warranty work as well.
    He is one heck of a guy. He has really helped me out a few times. You won't find better service anywhere. He is Director Of Engineering, and the M in REMtronics.

W0WDF

3. N8YN

N8YN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great news! Now does anyone know about GRE scanners?

N8YN

4. K7MHI

K7MHI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

there is a scanner other then uniden? I haven't heard of this.. g..R..E...?;)

5. N8YN

N8YN Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Kelly.....I have uniden scanners and I like them.....but....I own a GRECOM PSR-400 and I like it better. Google GRECOM Scanners and read about them...on eham.net there is one review on the PSR-400 and he gave it a 4 out of 5.

Jerry, N8YN

6. WC4R

WC4R Ham Member QRZ Page

Most scanners sold by Radio Shack are made by GRE.

7. K2WH

K2WH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

In this months QST, I noticed something very interesting [Missing] from their full page ad. The HT for 220 and 900 mhz. Wasn't anywhere to be seen. Was wondering what that was about.

K2WH

8. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're referring to the DJ-G29T 222/902 MHz HT, it's on the bottom row, 2nd one from the right.

Pete, wa2cwa
    http://www.manualman.com

9. N0FPE

N0FPE Ham Member QRZ Page

Well this explains why the 220/900 mobile radio that was supposed to show at dayton was a no show.. And I bet now its a long time coming if ever..

oh well it was a pipe dream anyway

10. KK4CUL

KK4CUL Ham Member QRZ Page

I myself love 220 MHz due to the quietness and combination of propagation between 2m / 440. But it is a chicken or egg type problem. Of course no one talks on it because no one has gear, and no one buys gear because no one talks on it. I have a buddy that lives 1 mile from me and he has a 5 watt HT (as do I, and a 25 watt mobile) but that's only the second person I have had a qso with on 220.

I applaud Alinco for making the 220 / 900 radios, but there needs to be more interest some how. I throw my call out whenever I have my 220 radios around at least once or twice a day and never hear anything. Hopefully it picks back up because it is a nice segment of spectrum being wasted. If they can start selling some radios I will be very happy.

11. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

We have quite a bit of 220 activity round here. I always wonder about 900 though. I'd buy that Alinco in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

12. NK4K

NK4K Ham Member QRZ Page

The 220 MHz band is my favorite above 6m as well. But here in the center of SC, there are no repeaters and few simplex users. WHAT A SHAME! In this terrain at least, 220 FM simplex goes about 40% farther than 2m and at least twice 70cM. That's why the Alinco is "only" 30 watts out (rated at 25).

I recently sold an Alinco DR-135 (2m) to a friend who was a "there ain't no other rigs besides [insert four-letter brand here] and that's all I'll buy." Well, when he saw how easy they are to use, saw how slick the programming software is, and heard the great sound, the other brand became just another four letter word! Now he can't get enough Alinco. Neither can I.

I've been buying Alinco rigs since the hay day of FM AX-25 packet (what is that? hehe). Some of the Alinco DR-110 packet radios were on the air for 25 years, all day, all night, and all week. Never had to do anything except change frequencies as band plans shifted. They're a solid design, easy to work on, and priced well. I was even able to resurrect one hit by lightning [not in the packet net].

My point to all this is I hope the distribution issues get sorted out and stabilize. If they become unavailable, well there goes my first choice for mobile rigs. Plus, they are truly filling the niche market where others dare not tread.

Thank you.

13. K6NIX

K6NIX Ham Member QRZ Page

This is a good thing. I want to purchase a 220 MHz radio in the future, and Alinco looks like the best deal around. I guess I am lucky. There are (20) repeaters around San Diego County and a total of 281 in the state. Thanks to Nk4K for the comments about the propagation of the band. I'm somewhat ignorant and very much still learning about the pros and cons of the band. So thanks! :)

14. N0RCE

N0RCE Ham Member QRZ Page

I am looking at buying a 220 rig was looking at the Jet Star, now i will check out Alinco. I have talked to some hams, but did not get very good reports.:confused:
    I would like to here more about Alinco radios as what i have read here they seem fine.

Peter N0RCE

15. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

One thing to consider: Are you getting bad reports about Alinco from Kenwood users, or Alinco users?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.