Alinco radios

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K0BLR, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N4WSH

N4WSH Ham Member QRZ Page

I had an Alinco dual bander mobile rig quite a few years ago. I don't remember the model number I do remember that neither band worked very well. I also remember that when you keyed the mike the display went very dim. I sent it back twice for that issue and it was never fixed, so I traded it in on a Yaesu 2 mtr mobile which I still have.

2. VA3CSS

VA3CSS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have two DR-605T dual banders with X-band repeat. Work flawlessly. Have only had to replace the backlights on the display for one of them, something that any rig may need a few years later.

3. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

So you are putting together a kit to be used in an emergency situation. The gear needs to be rugged and reliable because lives may be at stake; either your own or someone else's. With all due respect, this is not the time to be looking for the cheapest solution!

4. N9MXQ

N9MXQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd trust Alinco any time any where. I've had one, a DR-610, that was submerged in water for over a day:eek: (wasn't hooked to dc). Once it was completely dried, we hooked it up and all worked as if nothing ever happened. :D

I've owned, and still own several Alinco Mobiles and HT's. I'd recommend them to anyone.. The DJ-580T handheld is my everyday carry rig. They're not "military spec" like some other manufacturers rigs, but I love em.

5. W2RDT

W2RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Alinco dual banders

Hi, I have an Alinco dr-600t. I have Icoms-Yaesus and I swear by this
    Alinco. I spent my life in electronic servicing, many in Two-Way Radio
    service.
    Alinco is one of the most service friendly of them all.
    They are built tough, thicker boards, well layed out circuitry.
    I have a friend I reccomended this to, he found a mate to mine.
    X-banding, dual receive what more could you want?
    I chose an Alinco UHF HT, to utilize the x-band repeater.
    I like the knowledge that in an emergency, I can use this system
    to gain more coverage of the bands.

6. WB8WTU

WB8WTU Ham Member QRZ Page

DX-SR8 manual on-line

Alinco finally posted the DX-SR8 operators manual on-line. What is Alinco thinking ??? Basically, what we have is a DX-77T with a LCD display. Almost everything else is the same. Most disappointing is that in CW mode, there is no opposite sideband rejection. Just like the DX-77T! That radio was an expensive direct conversion receiver, and they duplicated that in the SR8. Way to go ! Filter selections - there are only two for each mode - SSB is 2.4 Khz and 1 Khz (yep....1 Khz for SSB), CW is 1 Khz and 500 Hz. Band change is via front panel keypad, however, the original DX-77T method is still available as well. Mic gain, sidetone, button beep are all take-the-covers-off internal pots. Wonder if they AT LEAST fixed the noise blanker ?

Like I said, a DX-77T with new front panel and LCD screen. Unless they intend to sell this radio for $400.00 or less, the Yaesu FT-450 blows this puppy away. My guess is that one production run should meet the demand for this radio for years to come.

I was excited about this radio but sorry Alinco, I'll pass.

BTW..... cheap-set DSP (today) or a crystal filter (past 40 years !) will provide single-signal reception.

7. WB6JKV

WB6JKV Ham Member QRZ Page

The Dayton masses have spoken, their ideas are enroute to Alinco engineers in JA-land

Had face-to-face meeting with Alinco people from Japan today at GRE-America office in CA. Some GOOD ideas and information received from Dayton have been relayed, please feel free to contact us directly for future developments. Mike (Alinco / GRE Tech)

8. MM6KSJ

MM6KSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm very pleased with my little Alinco DJ-C7.....I've also got a Yaesu VX-8E which I also like and am pleased with too. They are different in price, features, looks, everything... Anyway, I'm not going to do a whole comparison review but they're both superb performers. I like the Alinco for it's size (credit card sized) and ease of use (and programming is really easy)....I can pop it in a shirt or jacket pocket and go do ham radio. The Yaesu is fantastic for the aprs and ragchewing at the same time....but it's a bit much to cart round with you though so I tend to set it up in the car and do mobile ham radio with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.