Alinco radios

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by K0BLR, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0BLR

K0BLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi group,

I am putting together a go kit and finding myself want to trim some money off this idea. What I am wondering is about these mono banders that alinco makes....namely the DR-135TEMKIII and the 435? Are the radio junk?

Ben K0BLR
    Minnesota ARESMAT EC

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that Alinco makes some pretty nice equipment.
    Check the reviews for those two radios on Eham.net

3. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm hearing mixed signals about Alinco. Some love them, some not. Don't know about the DR-135MkIII or DR-435 specifically but in general I'd say you a fair amount of radio for your money with Alinco.

4. KI6HPO

KI6HPO QRZ Member QRZ Page

Hi Ben,

I must say that my experience with Alinco has been positive also. I've recently purchased the DJ-180, 280 and 480 h/t's. I also have an early version of the DR-235 220 rig.

I work the devil out of the 220 rig here in SoCal, and am very pleased with it in every way.

The h/t's are primarily for my GOTO bag in case of natural emergencies.

I've got nothing bad to say. They work as advertised.

Alain

5. K8MCN

K8MCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

have only been around 5 years, and have often wondered. What is the story on Alinco, they seem to always be around, but never on the cutting edge. Were they once on top of the heap? Always a fringe company? New to amateur or been around in some form for ever?

6. WB8WTU

WB8WTU Ham Member QRZ Page

The DX-SR8T looks interesting. Alinco HF rigs have always been WAY overpriced. If it's priced right, it could be a big seller.

7. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm just now taking a look at the DX-SR8. What about this detachable control panel for a rig that's sold as a 'desktop' transceiver? I don't see very much use for it in my shack, does anyone else? Beyond that it looks like a decent kit, wander what the price will be.

8. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

I've had two over the years, great radios. The monobander was sold to buy the duo bander and the duo bander was sold some years later during a financial hardship, otherwise it would still be on the bench. Go radio for the money.

9. W5LMP

W5LMP Ham Member QRZ Page

Alinco is an ok brand. Love yaesu better. had great experiances with their mobile rigs and HTs Liked kenwoods early rigs. despise the new ones. Icom makes good equipment. like the ic7000. but yaesu still my favorite

10. M6SGB

M6SGB Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently bought a used Alinco DX77 HF transceiver, my first after recently becoming licensed, very pleased with it. The reasoning was it was economical and within my budget, allows me to use 10W, the limitation of my current license, then 50W when I take my intermediate next year, then 100W after the next exam. It's been described as basic, but is the bees knees compared to what I used to use when last interested in the 1960's, a 52 set, 19 set and a CR100 receiver. I might be tempted by their single band 2M transceiver later.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.