ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Alinco News

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KI6KPC, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W8GRI

W8GRI Ham Member QRZ Page

I have owned an Alinco DX-70t since new in 1995 and a DJ-C1 (tiny) used from Dayton in 2008. Both rigs are going strong and I have no plans to replace the DX70 any time soon. The DJ was so cheap I had to buy it! lota of feature for such a small transceiver but only 300mW.....

2. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I love my DJ-596...

3. AI7AN

AI7AN Ham Member QRZ Page

Alinco was THE best value by far up until a couple years ago. Yaesu by virtue of sheer volume & robotic assembly of SMT components has surpassed Alinco in the value department with their feature packed newer models priced even lower than Alinco's proven models. Of course we speak primarily of the "lower end to mid range" market- which has advanced unbelievably from what we had twenty years ago. "Big Three"? It seems to me that Alinco displaced Kenwood in being a member of that gang a couple years ago when Kenwood started dropping models fast as they could. (Check out their catalog!) Maybe we should start calling the big three "YeaComInco" or "AlComSu" now! Regardless, I too can testify that my DJ-V5 has had a couple simple parts replaced on my own bench but has served quite well over the years. Would I do it again today? Perhaps not, though I certainly wouldn't say that doing so would be bad. I am past the brand loyalty silliness for the most part, especially now that the lead free solder means a much shorter life span for most rigs manufactured post 2004 or so. Good thing prices have dropped- at least for some brands!

4. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting point of view. Kenwood hasn't been very active, that's a fact. And the things they do put out don't really impress me much. Judging from my website traffic Alinco still has to overtake RadioShack and Kenwood to make it into the top 3 (Please note that my top 10 is very un-scientific!)

All said, I would seriously consider Alinco when buying a new rig.

5. N8RHJ

N8RHJ Ham Member QRZ Page

dx 70 parts

i need the part so i can put the face plate on cant find riben no were

6. PH5E

PH5E Ham Member QRZ Page

This topic handles Alinco news only. For technical questions you may want to try this thread: http://forums.qrz.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11
    And you could maybe explain your question in more detail there, I'm not sure what you need now.

7. KC5NHV

KC5NHV Ham Member QRZ Page

Alinco.......Ham Radio's best kept secret! great radios and long lasting.... :D

73'

KC5NHV

8. WB6JKV

WB6JKV Ham Member QRZ Page

Your two ribbon cables connecting the front panel to the main unit are
    Alinco Part # UX1076A and UX1077. These are in stock at GRE (Belmont, CA)
    You may email alincoparts@greamerica.com or telephone 650-591-1400 (8 AM to 5 PM Pacific Time)

9. WB6JKV

WB6JKV Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello Phil,
    I'm the Alinco tech here at GRE America... sorry to hear abt your problems. Please contact me if I can be of assistance.

Best 73,
    Mike (WB6JKV) mherbert@greamerica.com

10. KC5NHV

KC5NHV Ham Member QRZ Page

I need an EMS -54 Mic for my DR 605 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73 ;)

KC5NHV

11. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.