Alinco DJ-196

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by KB1JCY, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB1JCY

KB1JCY Ham Member QRZ Page

For the price, the DJ-196 is looking good. Any opinions on this HT?

2. KC0LCS

KC0LCS Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the DJ-196 is a very good handheld. I've had this since October, 2001, and I absolutely love it. It is very easy to use, has enough memories, is a toughly built handi-talkie. I love this handheld. It has gotten me satellite contacts, and a contact that was 90 miles away. I give this handheld a two thumbs up!  [​IMG]

3. KE5OA

KE5OA Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought the older DJ-195 for my son. Has a mosquito repel, and a theft alarm.(cool) Evidently the mosquito repel didn't work because I don't believe they continued with that feature in the DJ-196. Any how, my question has nothing to do with that. We did not receive the Ni-cad pack with it, and I was wondering if it's possible to use rechargable batteries in the 6-alkaline pack? I know alkaline are 1.50 volt and Ni-cads are 1.25 volt. Voltage input into the radio is 6 to 16 volts. I suppose this is a dingy question but a friend keeps telling me it will hurt the radio. 6 alkalines is 9 volts, where 6 Ni-cads is 7.5 volts. How can that hurt except the out put power may be lower [​IMG]
    OK thanx, de KC5NOD - Larry

4. KE5OA

KE5OA Ham Member QRZ Page

By the way, good choice on the HT they are very dependable little radios, so I hear. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.