ad: CQMM-1

Alinco announce 144/430/1240 MHz handheld

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KN4OK

KN4OK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to see a radio that had 2/220/440/1.2 That would be a nice radio.

2. KE4VYR

KE4VYR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hooray another worthless p.o.s product from Alinco. Who uses 1.2ghz outside the state of California any how? Why not try and make a better 2m or dual band ht instead. You know one that can keep up with the Yaesu FT-60 and VX series on features and most importantly quality!!!!

3. G8GXP

G8GXP Ham Member QRZ Page

VHF/UHF Handhelds

After all these year what about a multi-mode multi-band hand held ?
    The technology has been around for years the FT817 mini-me'ed .....LOL

4. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Japan is a large 1.2Ghz market, at least is was when I lived there. On other hand, VHF is not too common there....much too congested for reliable comms. UHF and 1.2 are more applicable there. Keep in mind that the market for this radio gear is world-wide, not just stateside. The more bands, the more markets the radio can be sold into.

5. KE6WNH

KE6WNH Ham Member QRZ Page

Not to mention that if you're a Mac user like me, you're out of luck. It amazes me how many of my fellow hams have a pathological hatred of Mac OS.

Let's make a deal... if my sci-fi novel makes it to the bestseller list, I'll pay Yaesu to design a hex-bander, built on the VX-7 chassis. It will have one antenna jack for 6m, 2m, and 220, and another antenna jack for 440, 900, and 1.2 gig. Anyone who has ever modded one of these babies and scanned through all of the receive ranges, knows there's a lot of programming in these frequency synthesizers which could be taken advantage of anytime the manufacturers decide to to so. I amaze non-hams by tuning my VX-7 to pick up my cordless headphone base on 913.000.

Ever looked through the latest Mouser catalogs? They have RF modules which come with complete development kits (a sort of mini engineering workstation in a suitcase), and they also sell LCD displays of any size you can think of. Might not be too long before some whiz kid gets ahold of one of these, and builds a viable 900 mhz prototype HT... the only things the Mouser catalog doesn't sell are the chassis and the RF final section components.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.