ALERT: RESPECTED HAM IS A SCAMMER.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6VES, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WD8ED

WD8ED Ham Member QRZ Page

Western Union? Money Order? Come on guys. Sure signs of a future problem. PayPal only. And never use the "Friends and Family" option. I don't even trust my friends and family that much!

Good luck with all of this. But my guess is that he'll end up with your money and you'll get an ulcer.

73s,

Ed

K4AGO and N2UHC like this.
  2. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Insisting on Western Union or PayPal friends & family is a sure sign of a scammer.

WD4IGX, KP4SX and KA2FIR like this.
  3. WA6VES

WA6VES XML Subscriber QRZ Page

AS OF 04/01/2019 NO REFUND FROM WJ9E EVEN THOUGH HE TOLD HAMS AROUND RUSHVILLE IN. THAT HE PAID ME. THIS GUY IS A REAL THIEF AND TRUE SCAMMER.

KC9YCT likes this.
  4. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not just a scam for the buyer but a scam for Paypal. I know a lot of people think Paypal has a lot of money and really don't care that they are using F&F for goods and services and cheating Paypal out of a commission when it clearly says in their TOS don't use F&F for goods and services even if it is your mother. When people use Paypal F&F to buy and item Paypal needs to start coming down on those people and removing them from Paypal per their TOS.

If you want to use a service like Paypal to help you with a money transaction but the person wants to cheat Paypal out of their commission then I would not trust them at all. If they are willing to steal that small amount then why would I deal with them?
    People sure love their money.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. N9CM

N9CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Can't be too physically ill, been racking up QSOs this month per his log info....

N2AMM and KC9YCT like this.
  6. K8MH

K8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KN4TIN

KN4TIN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow I hate seeing this happen to fellow Hams.:(

8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

All I see are a couple of CB antennas.

There is a good chance that you can catch him on the air in front of his peers if you can access the Thursday nights at 8 pm local time Indiana Statewide D-Star net. The net is on reflector 24B

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  9. N7AGA

N7AGA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

What a shame. Hoping for resolution for you.

10. KA9KOJ

KA9KOJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems the clause of good character doesnt hold for this fellow.

Yea I would call the ARRL, and also the FCC .
    After all if he is willing to scam practically a grand off fellow hams,he would fraud the FCC on license exams etc since you said he is a ve .
    I would spread the word far and wide. I had a problem like this several years ago. I sent a postal money order for a rig, in an envelope with a tag which the party had to sign. they denied it. i had the money order receipt, date,their signature,etc. I turned it over to the local prosecutor where the scumbag lived and lo and behold, i received a money order in an envelope with the local prosecutors heading on the envelope. when you get the law involved they usually go maximum pucker.

$950 is felony theft.And mail fraud and internet fraud. interstate fraud?.hmmm FBI,Postal Law enforcement?

Going from state to state via internet is still fraud that the Feds have jurisdiction.

God bless
    ka9koj

WD4IGX and KC9YCT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.