ad: KF7PMW-1

ALERT: RESPECTED HAM IS A SCAMMER.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6VES, Mar 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W3DEX

W3DEX Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just scammed by someone who hacked an existing member's account here at qrz.com. They changed the account's email address and password which fooled me. I assumed I was dealing with the member's callsign in their username but I wasn't.

Thankfully I purchased using Paypal credit and no money ever left my account.

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Who is that someone? This thread is about WJ9E and not "someone."

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  3. WA6VES

WA6VES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

UPDATE: I have taken further action against Mike Elder(WJ9E) of Rushville, IN.
    I have notified ARRL that Elder is dishonest and scammed another ham out of $950.00.
    ARRL might be interested since Mike is a Volunteer Examiner and should be watched closely.
    I don't expect ARRL to help get my money back. Just notify them what is going on. I havn't given up)))

4. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you Google " Mike Elder WJ9E " you will see all manner of posts related to bad equipment deals and strange
    goings on. Might be helpful to do that before you buy anything online from anyone.

WB9YTG and KA2FIR like this.
  5. KA2FIR

What happened with this?

6. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

It might help complaining to the local district attorney in his area.

Years ago I lost some money to the infamous Mike Kirby of Panama City FL and it turns out there were countless other complaints against the guy too. When I contacted the local DA they knew all about him.

I had complete documentation of the whole transaction including every back and forth correspondence, and they figured I'd be a good witness and even asked me to come down and testify at his hearing. In the end I didn't have to go to Florida but was willing to do so. He eventually got 5 years hard time. I got my money back BTW.

See links. It would be nice to see similar stories about the scumbags talked about here.

http://www.antiqueradio.com/problem_kirby_10-99.html

https://www.eham.net/articles/146

https://www.rapsheets.org/florida/doc-prisoner/KIRBY_MICHAEL/853246

KB2QQM likes this.
  7. WA6VES

WA6VES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the info. 73's

8. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

Should be titled "Respected SCAMMER is a Ham".

WA6VES likes this.
  9. KA2FIR

Was this resolved?

10. W8GRI

W8GRI Ham Member QRZ Page

Although this is not related, I bought an Icom-375 used. Said it was working well but it arrived almost totally dead, just lit up and that was all. I tried everything to get it to work including keying my FM HT right next to it. Nothing.
    Here's the good part, I used Pay Pal for the transaction and after a bit of email flurries I was refunded. I really wanted that rig but 550 dollars for a dead rig is a a bit much. But shows the power of having a purchase through Ebay or Pay Pal.

73 Rod W8GRI