ALERT: RESPECTED HAM IS A SCAMMER.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6VES, Mar 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

So I guess he spent the 950 and now has to make payments? Sounds alittle odd...

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

2. WA6VES

WA6VES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

YES, It is a little odd but it's the best I can do right now. It appears he needed the $950 to survive... Lets see if he makes the payments as promised.
    73's

3. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes . . . shame you didn't pay him for the rig using PayPal . . . then you are totally protected. I've had a full refund from them twice now for faulty electronic equipment I bought on eBay, which was faulty when it arrived, and the seller refused to pay.

Having said that, I bought a TS50S last year from a different website, and the seller wanted payment by cheque. So I sent it.

When the rig arrived, it was clear that it hadn't been properly packed - the front panel had taken a knock in transit, which had smashed the Encoder inside.

I said I wanted £120 to repair it . . . he offered £50 which I said wasn't enough.

I took him to the Small Claims court . . . he did actually turn up, but I won my case . . . got my full £120 plus the £75 court filing costs back too.

Just thought I would post all this for info for others . . .

Roger G3YRO

N5PZJ likes this.
  4. WA6VES

Thanks Roger for the input. That was interesting. Glad you won your case))))

73's

5. K0EED

K0EED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Just reading this email this sounds/is typed exactly like a scammer would. Who the hell calls an individual Mr. Gary? Don't hold your breath on seeing a penny come back.

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Foreigners do this. I’ve been called Mr. Mike numerous times

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  7. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not just foreigners. It is a fairly common practice where I have lived in North Carolina and Virginia, from folks who think the next county over is a foreign land filled with strange people.

KB3GWQ likes this.
  8. WA6VES

Yes, it is a little bazaar that the Ham Scammer called me, "Mr. Gary" I never heard this before. I live in Ca. but grow up in the N/E. (Old call WA2HZQ) The ham scammer does not have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out, but I am hoping he sends me a few bucks. He promised me some $$$ in April. I'll keep you posted)).

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Also very common in south Louisiana extending into TX and MS/AL.

K5EFJ likes this.
  10. K4CAE

K4CAE Platinum Subscriber Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I always use Paypal with AMEX as the payment method. If you have an issue with Paypal, AMEX will then deal with them...!!!

KA2FIR and N9LCD like this.