ad: qro

ALERT: RESPECTED HAM IS A SCAMMER.

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA6VES, Mar 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

Dan:

DON'T hold your breath on the Postal Inspectors. While they'll accept a report of a "alleged" mail fraud case involving less than $300, they ARE NOT OBLIGATED to investigate fraud cases involving less than $300.

That's why so many "masil" scams involve less than $300.

N9LCD

2. WA6VES

WA6VES Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

John......I have documentation from WU indicating the $950.00 was picked at the WU office by Elder on 12/30/2017, and he signed for it!! What more do you want????? I also have a E-mail from Elder stating the power supply went bad/south and the rig is no longer operating. I have many E-mails from him from the E-mail address he is using on QRZ. Who else would I be talking with???? I don't want to make trouble for him. I just want the working FT-1000D I purchased or a similar rig. If he does not have the money for a refund, I would be glad to take payments from him.
    73's

KA2FIR likes this.
  3. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

That is good. Sounds like you have covered your bases and it looks to be the real ham. That is sad that another ham would treat you like that. I guess just because we are hams that does not mean all of them are honest. You would want to think you could do a deal with another ham and they would do right for you.

Have you tried to call him and see if he would talk to you about it on the phone? Or even try to call his neighbors and see if any of them know him good enough and would be willing to help you and go talk to him for you. Just a thought. Neither may work but I just wanted to throw them out.
    It says his age is between 40 to 45. He should, I would think, be old enough to know better.
    Good luck to you.

John, WB0MPB

4. WA6VES

John.....I have called the scammer ham many times, and all that comes back is:::::::
    "SORRY BUT THE PARTY YOU ARE CALLING IS NOT TAKING CALLS AT THIS TIME."
    The phone number I was using is the number that is on the listing for the FT-1000D back in Nov./Dec. 2017. I have called him day and night with the same results. Maybe if ever get to Indiana I will look him up. At least I know is address. $950.00 is a lot of money but I will recover. $950.00 will almost buy me a new Icom IC-7300)))) I learnt my lesson)))))
    73's

5. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Call from a different number. Let the league know of this VE s-bag. One of his advertised numbers that didn’t bounce. 7655617561@vtext.net.

6. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes if I were you and ever got to Indiana I would go find him and have a very strong talk with the man for sure. And yes if it were me $950.00 would be a lot to lose living on disability.
    I got this number off of Google for the guy, (765) 561-7931. Is that the same number he used on the ad and the one you are calling?
    Good luck to you and I hope that sometime soon somehow you get your money back. He should not have spent your money so fast. I always when I sell something hold onto the money until the buyer is happy before I spend the money. Of course I also don't mislead people when I write up an ad and make sure everything I say in the ad is true.
    But there are a few bad apples all over the place.
    I remember back in my grandpa's and dad's time all they needed back then was your word and a handshake. Those days are long past for many people.

So again good luck to you.
    John, WB0MPB

7. WB6VYH

WB6VYH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gary,

I emailed Mike this morning and let him know just what can happen in cases like this. Mike sent me this email this afternoon:::

And no I don't know Mike...............

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Gello Bob,....This is Mike and I been in the Hospital with Pneumonia and was released not but a week ago, I'm told by Yaesu repair Tech the Radio could not. Be fixed, So I get Disability the 2nd. Wednesday in April. 2017 to send Gary the Money he sent me for the Rig. Might not be in full but will make up for it on April 15th. and get Mr. Gary paid back!!!......Have him email me at "wj9e1977@yahoo.com" Cause i'm feeling better and can get out of Bed My Friend......

73, Mike.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I know that it is not the best but it is a start. So I guess email him.........................

I hope that things turn out better for you Gary.....................

Bob Wortman

WB6VYH

8. WA6VES

Thanks for all your hard work Bob. I did NOT know Mike E. was in the hospital. However, this problem has existed since last Dec. 2017/Jan. 2018. I E-mailed Mike E. back in February 2018 and told him I would except payments if he does not have the refund money, after he told me the Yaesu FT-1000D cannot be repaired.
    Mike E. never responded so I didn't know what to think. The QRZ Support Team recommended I place his name under the scam/rip off list. I will E-Mail Mike E. again and see if we can make contact.

Thanks again!!

73's

9. WB6VYH

WB6VYH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gary,

I just got this from Mike..................

hello, this is Mike/WJ9E........Have Mr. Gary Email me at..."wj9e1977@yahoo.com....The Radio was consider Non-Repairable from a Dropping Accident, and I'm going to refund him his Money back Western Union, Money Order or etc....of his choice. Thanks, Mike.....73.

Later Gary.........

Bob

WB6VYH

10. WA6VES

GOOD NEWS>>>>I have made contact with Mike Elder, WJ9E and it appears he is willing to make payments to me starting in April. Apparently, he is on disability and does not have a large income. I did not know his situation until he told me. Of course, he wasted no time in going after the money I sent him through Western Union. We will see how this works out. Thanks to all the Hams and QRZ who got involved.

73's