ad: GNOHF-1

ALERT - NIGERIAN SCAMMERS ARE ACTIVE

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by AA7BQ, May 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AE5GT

AE5GT Ham Member QRZ Page

W5BIB likes this.
  2. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It must REALLY suck to be an honest person living in Nigeria and just wanting to buy and sell stuff on the Internet like anyone else. Imagine how that must suck!! All these endless scams, over a fair number of years, have really ruined the online buying/selling landscape for the "good guys" there. They would utterly stand NO CHANCE of trying to buy and sell in the QRZ or other online swap meet sections...

Dave
    W7UUU

NZ4X, WD4IGX and N3AB like this.
  3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked a couple 5N calls and none have confirmed in QRZ Logbook ot LoTW. :(

4. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have often wondered how much they actually get from this sort of crap and, like you, conclude that they must get some or they wouldn't keep doing it.

The other obvious question is why so many of them are in Nigeria. WTH is up with that?

5. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't think they need to sell stuff online. They are all princes with billions of spare dollars to give away. They just throw away and order new. :p

I think there are what...less than 150 hams in Nigeria if I recall? Don't remember off the top of my head. But yeah, a lot of places just block Nigeria entirely. Their countrymen have really created a bad name for the entire country.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hacked accounts are still posting "for sale" items that do not exist!!! Two more accounts were banned just this morning (June 13) after being hacked and used to post radios for sale. One was so lame he used a photo of an IC-7610 but had it listed and described as an IC-7300!!

Come July 1, 2019 this should all go away, once it is required to be ID Verified to sell in the Swapmeet!

But just a reminder until that day comes: Do NOT reply to any email requests for your QRZ username and password. They are SCAMS. QRZ will NEVER ask you for that information via email or any other way. EVER.

Dave
    W7UUU

WZ7U and N0TZU like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.