AlasKit resonant loudspeaker now available

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KL7AJ, May 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hope this project went well for Eric, I didn't even see the post until today.

That is a great idea.

2. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Staying tuned, anxiously awaiting the tunable version.....

WR2E likes this.
  3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Reminds me of a speaker my dad had for a transistor radio -- at least 50 years old. Made voices stand out.

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, this speaker totally sucks for voice! But it's sweet on CW. We've just overcome a snag with the label printing supplier, and full production should begin this weekend. I have some excellent child labor rounded up.
    Eric

KK6QMS and AF6LJ like this.
  5. K5WG

K5WG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad you're making them, Eric. How do I order the tunable version?

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi William.
    I'll get back to you once we have a version that's easily reproducible. Still in the R&D phase.
    Eric

7. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't vouch for the particular product but I can say that the principle of a resonant speaker is great.

If you haven't heard one in operation here's a video of a (crude and unoptimised) one I made

Really brings out the signal. It's fiddly to operate as the speaker has to be a held a critical distance from the glass, but no doubt this item sorts this out.

8. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

how this going, speaker available?

9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, what subject do you want me to speak on:? I am an expert on everything---

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

10. KB4DX

KB4DX Ham Member QRZ Page

+1 for what WR2E asked. I like hearing CW tones around 700 hz, but I like this concept!