ad: M2Ant-1

AL7OP

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WA8TJC, Feb 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WA8TJC

WA8TJC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AL7OP Dave from Ohio passed away last week.

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

David W. Firis, AL7OP SK

10-10 Number: 05086

Birth Date: Sep 23 1956

WADSWORTH -- David W. Firis, 61, passed away unexpectedly on February 4, 2018.

He grew up in Rittman and resided in Wadsworth for the past 33 years. He was a 1975 graduate of Rittman High School. He received his Ham Radio license at the age of 14. The love and passion for radios turned into a 2-way radio sales, service, and tower leasing business. David loved road trips in search of "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives." He visited all 50 states in his travels. David was a political activist and known for his comment sign on Route 261.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Daniel and Helen Firis. He is survived by Pam, his wife of 33 years; siblings, Greg (Diane) Firis of Wadsworth, Paula (Butch) Hensley of Doylestown, Loretta Firis of Lakeland, Florida, and Nick Firis of Rittman. He also leaves behind children, James of South Euclid, Mike (Carrie Cook) of Columbus, Ben of Columbus; stepdaughter, Amy (Mike) of Marshallville; and two step-grandchildren, Andrew and Aric Hammer.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to .
    Family and friends are invited to celebrate David's life Saturday, February 10, 2018 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Marie's in Wadsworth.

Hilliard-Rospert
    330-334-1501 www.HilliardRospert.com
    Published in Akron Beacon Journal on Feb. 7, 2018
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/ohio/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=188099581

3. KL7FZ/SK2022

KL7FZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Damn! This sad news. Dave was in Alaska for a while. Hence the AK callsign. I spent some time visiting with him in Ohio. He was knowledgeable radio guy, great family man, and all around good guy. Always enjoyed talking to him. I had not had much contact with him recently and this came as surprise. My condolences to his family.