ad: MLSons-1

Al Quaida wins over Ham Radio?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KA0TP, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. UA1OSM

UA1OSM Ham Member QRZ Page

BTW, Al Quaeda performed already second attempt on 9/11. Successful. First one, as you know, became WTC inner garage explosion with negligible consequences. Judging on such a persistence of Osama of pursuing a coveted goal,(personal feature!) we might suggest a little about their next terror target, wud have been attractive politically.
    A huge atomic aircraft carrier. Anywhere outside States. They like Navy objects very much, and the first "Navy" attempt has already been done. F. e. hw about some night collision with 500000 tons "liberian" oil tanker in very narrow streit at full speed?

2. W9WHE

W9WHE Ham Member QRZ Page

G7OEW writes:
    And as a concerned friend, it is clear to me, and also many others, that the current resident in the White House is the greatest recruiting poster Al Quaida have ever had"

In the words of that great leader, Margaret Thatcher..." Might I point out to the right-honorable gentleman" that 9/11 was planned LONG BEFORE GWB took office?

Surely the Right-honorable gentleman from the UK (I love that phrase) would not suggest that John Kerry, with his "more sensitive war" philosophy, would be better at defending the US with some wishy-washy, namby-pamby, feel good, police action defense under the cowards and crooks of the UN?

G7OEW also wrote:

"Evil begets evil, Mr President. Shooting will only make it stronger" - Priest Vito Cornelius.

So, after Al Queda twice bombed the world trade center, we should not have shot at them? We should have, what? Created a social program for them? NOBODY bombs the USA and gets away with it! NOBODY.  

G7OEW also wrote:

"And I must say, many non-Americans consider it ironic that someone whom successfully "dodged" his military service obligations now favours the military option"

THE RIGHT-HONORABLE GENTLEMAN NEEDS TO GET HIS FACTS STRAIGHT.
    GWB released his millitary records, which showed his service. CBS lead anchor, Dan Rather, lost his job for FABRICATING that story!  IT WAS ALL A FABRICATION. Not that the BBC (or its couzin, Pravda) would ever report it. As for John Kerry, he NEVER would authorize release of his millitary records! His so-called 'service" is totally UNDOCUMENTED.

3. M3KCK

M3KCK Ham Member QRZ Page

We all saw the Horror that unfolded before us on T.V.

It goes against the grain of Humanity,
    What I was surprised at while watching on t.v as this was happening was that there seemed to be a Suspect or suspects in that it was Al-Qaeda.

Now forget everything that has happened or been said since then, At that very Moment I thought how Strange it was that there was a Suspect/s so Soon and the Towers where still burning!!
    Perhaps they portrayed it Differently on USA TV?

I hate to say this, But The FBI ect and the American Intelligence services could not Stop this from Happening, But as Soon as it did they seemed to Know who did it?

I Believe that some Governments see it as The needs of the Many outweigh the needs of the Few or the One!

I Believe that The USA Government allowed this to Happen so they could advance their War on Oil not Terror.

I do not Intend to be disrespectful, but this is just My opinion.
    es 73
    Regards,
    Andrew M3KCK

4. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Apology not necessary.  Your opinion is shared by many of us here in the US.  At least those of us who have read considerably about activities prior to and subsequent to the horrific events of 9/11 and have bothered to study things carefully.

I'll never forget the smirkish look on Bush's face when he continued reading to a small child in Sarasota FL on the morning of 9/11 AFTER he'd been informed by an aide whispering the details of the disaster in his ear.

I'll never believe what some think.  That Bush actually knew of the specifics of the attack and did nothing.  No.  More something like, the usual bureaucratic shuffle when subordinates alert superiors of situations and the result: inattention and inaction.

What convinced me of your thesis was the virtual pull-out or pull-off the trail of OBL and diversion to Iraq.  After having read Bob Woodward's Plan of Attack it became a little clearer as a preplanned objective soon after Bush took office.  As one of our extremist contributors points out "no one bombs the US and gets away with it."  That is the way it should have been, but wasn't.

Of course one of the most obvious after-the-fact signals of the War for Oil was Cheney's maneuvering Haliburton into a no bid service and supply contract ahead of the invasion.  Then, of course, the trumped-up false nuclear (oops, Bush calls it nucular) evidence and retaliation on those inside who blew the whistle.

And, don't feel intimidated by a right wing extremist or two on the thread.  My brother-in-law was the Captain of Flight 93 on September 10.  That still, to this day, bothers me when I think about it.  (Denver-based UAL crew)

To fail to have given the pursuit of Bin Laden every thing we have, continuously, since 9/11 is treasonous, in my opinion, on the part of our leadership.  Having wasted time and immeasurable military resources and well over 2400 lives of our finest of patriots to prop up the oil business and the price per barrel for oil profiteers has been a nightmare beyond belief.

Someone needs to ask Bush why the Bin Laden family was allowed to leave the US on 9/12 without being so much as questioned.  No one else besides our military and the Bin Laden family were flying in US airspace then.  Did Bush owe them a "favor" from his activities in Texas that may have involved investments in Bush-owned assets?  A good friend of his from the Texas Air Guard was the Bin Laden family financial advisor.  Perhaps we can find out more about this if our Congressional majority shifts after the November elections.

Lee
    W6EM

5. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

No, Jonathan, you do.  The only fabrication was someone's typing up what happened to the best of their recollection recently.  The only falsification, as I remember, was the date that the papers were actually typed. The accuracy of their content was confirmed by interviews with those familiar with his situation at the time.

That's amazing what you claim of John Kerry.  Weren't his purple heart awards public knowledge?  Most military honors and awards carry a certificate to document the time, the events justifying their presentation, etc.

Was Kerry ever accused of not showing up/begin AWOL when required to report?  Bush was.  He failed to show up for a required physical exam.  And, required training time while boondoggling on some political campaign in Montgomery, AL.  A long ways from Texas.

Its fair to say that Bush never was on active duty, besides his flight training.   Compare that to Kerry's service and bravery in Vietnam.  And, his medal-deserved courage to testify before Congress about some of the things he observed about the war that were wrong.

If memory serves me correctly, the reason Bush's records became public and accessible was through some type of filing of his records while he was governor of Texas that were already public information.  Not exactly sure on that point, but I think that's correct.

Anyway, get YOUR facts straight before you blast others.  And, please don't resort to name-calling or making fun of differences in cultural language.  Those who differ with you haven't resorted to such antics.

As to what happened to Dan Rather, well, I'm reasonably sure that undue influence was applied to achieve his early retirement. Why hasn't Newscorp fired one of its reporters who was the source of tremendous corporate embarassment including a large settlement? (Bill O-Rile-E) Not sure of the correct spelling. :)

Lee
    W6EM

6. KB7DQT

KB7DQT Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I think it is just shear stupidity of the security force.  If the rules allow for it then it should be allowed.  If they said "No amateur radios are allowed past the main gate" then that would be that. But it doesn't.  Perhaps the security force members can't read...

A cell phone with photo taking ability and a GPS is far more of a threat than a 2 meter HT.

I would have let the group go and waited to talk to a supervisor about the situation.  That is just not right and it seems the guard was singling out ham radio operators which is illegal I believe.  

Most of the hams I know will be the first ones in line to shut off equipment if they think it may cause harm to others.  They are supportive of the issues with homeland security and that all this is to protect our rights to be hams and talk to our friends across the world.  They will put out their own money and time when called to help to protect this great nation and its people from natural and man made disasters.  

I think a follow up letter with the dates and time noted to the head of KSC security would be in order explaining what happened and asking for a copy of the rules pertaining to the denial of entry.  If anything it might spark a training session for the offending crew so it won’t happen to me when I go back there again.  It’s been 37 or so years since Apollo 11 launched and I had the opportunity to watch from the FREE viewing area.

If someone had taken a bus to the center they would have no place to store the radio while they went on the tour and that would be a true tragedy and perhaps spoil a once in a life time trip.

Thanks for sharing this with us and IMHO your are just in your complaint and don’t let it drop.  

God Bless America

Tom
    KB7DQT

7. KB7DQT

Well I think it is just shear stupidity of the security force. If the rules allow for it then it should be allowed. If they said "No amateur radios are allowed past the main gate" then that would be that. But it doesn't. Perhaps the security force members can't read...

A cell phone with photo taking ability and a GPS is far more of a threat than a 2 meter HT.

I would have let the group go and waited to talk to a supervisor about the situation. That is just not right and it seems the guard was singling out ham radio operators which is illegal I believe.

Most of the hams I know will be the first ones in line to shut off equipment if they think it may cause harm to others. They are supportive of the issues with homeland security and that all this is to protect our rights to be hams and talk to our friends across the world. They will put out their own money and time when called to help to protect this great nation and its people from natural and man made disasters.

I think a follow up letter with the dates and time noted to the head of KSC security would be in order explaining what happened and asking for a copy of the rules pertaining to the denial of entry. If anything it might spark a training session for the offending crew so it won’t happen to me when I go back there again. It’s been 37 or so years since Apollo 11 launched and I had the opportunity to watch from the FREE viewing area.

If someone had taken a bus to the center they would have no place to store the radio while they went on the tour and that would be a true tragedy and perhaps spoil a once in a life time trip.

Thanks for sharing this with us and IMHO your are just in your complaint and don’t let it drop.

God Bless America

Tom
    KB7DQT

8. KB7DQT

Well I think it is just shear stupidity of the security force. If the rules allow for it then it should be allowed. If they said "No amateur radios are allowed past the main gate" then that would be that. But it doesn't. Perhaps the security force members can't read...

I would have let the group go and waited to talk to a supervisor about the situation. That is just not right and it seems the guard was singling out ham radio operators which is illegal I believe.

Most of the hams I know will be the first ones in line to shut off equipment if they think it may cause harm to others. They are supportive of the issues with homeland security and that all this is to protect our rights to be hams and talk to our friends across the world. They will put out their own money and time when called to help to protect this great nation and its people from natural and man made disasters.

I think a follow up letter with the dates and time noted to the head of KSC security would be in order explaining what happened and asking for a copy of the rules pertaining to the denial of entry. If anything it might spark a training session for the offending crew so it won’t happen to me when I go back there again. It’s been 37 or so years since Apollo 11 launched and I had the opportunity to watch from the FREE viewing area.

God Bless America

Tom
    KB7DQT

9. VA7DR

VA7DR Ham Member QRZ Page

American paranoia at it's best (or worst).

Maybe the security SHOULD learn what Amateur Radio is if all of the other cheap crap is allowd in.

You seem to forget that Americans were NOT the only ones to die in 9/11.

VA7DR

10. W9WHE

Actually, I think it was Al Gore and John Kerry that planned 9/11.
    Gore, after inventing the internet, was angry he lost to Bush in 2000. Kerry secretly knew he could not beat Bush in 2004. So Gore and Kerry teamed up to smear Bush. They conspired with Osama to destroy the WTC and kill 3,000 Americans. The goal was to convince US voters (including illegal ailens collecting government benifits) already mind-numbed by the effects from the hole in the ozone layer, global warming and Gore's hope for $10/gallon gas, that Gore was the best man for the job. Kerry, who voted for the 87 Billion before he voted against it, sees Gore as a stepping stone to one world government under UN control. Afterall, he sees a "golbal test" we have to pass before we can defend ourselves from terrorists.

So Gore, with his abillity to raise cash from monks that took a vow of poverty, and Kerry, with his wishy-washy double speak and desire for world domination by the UN, are teaming up for a run in 2008.

That theory makes about as much sense as the other kook-left, wingnut ideas posted above.

I SAY NO MORE BLOOD FOR GORE & KERRY'S POLITICAL ASPIRATIONS.

11. W9WHE

Lee:

Pointing out your misstatements could be a full time job.

FIRST: "The only fabrication was someone's typing up what happened to the best of their recollection recently"

NONSENSE. The papers were forged to look like official records, typed at the time. HOWEVER, they were done on a comupter, with a font that had NOT yet been used on typewriters.  OOOps!

++++++++++++

SECOND: "The accuracy of their content was confirmed by interviews with those familiar with his situation at the time"

Nonsence. There were no such witnesses, including the secratary that siad that she did not type the forged documents that bore her initials. And the sourse, was a left-wing democratic activist, that CBS refused to disclose until AFTER the fact.

+++++++++++

THIRD: "If memory serves me correctly, the reason Bush's records became public and accessible was through some type of filing of his records while he was governor of Texas that were already public information"

WRONG AGAIN. Bush authorized release of his records, while Kerry refused. Bush's records were put on microfilm and misfiled by some bureaucrat, until an all out search was mounted to find them.

++++++++++++

Stop getting your information from far left wing kook websites. Just because you hate someone, does not give you license to smear hate-filled fabrications about them. AND THAT'S WHY DAN RATHER WAS FIRED.

PETER ARNETT (CNN) WAS FIRED BECAUSE HE PUSHED A STORY ABOUT THE US MILLITARY USING NERVE GAS, THAT WAS EQUALLY FALSE.

JASON BLAIR, THE NEW YORK TIMES WRITER GOT FIRED FOR MAKING UP STORIES.

NBC (ABC?) WAS CAUGHT IGNITING GAS TANKS OF PUCKUP TRUCKS TO CREATE A GLITZY STORY.

AL GORE INVENTED THE INTERNET.

JOHN KERRY WAS IN LAOS ON CIA BUSINESS.

"BUSH TAX CUTS WILL KILL THE ECONOMY".

"WE HAVE THE WORST ECONOMY SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION".

"THE HOLE IN THE OZONE IS PERMINANT".

"GLOBAL WARMING IS CAUSED BY MAN".

"HAMS HAVE A "RIGHT" TO CARRY AN HT ANYWHERE"

Your beloved BIASED, left-winged media has LOST its credibillity and its viewership because it wil lsay ANYTHING if it furthers their adjenda. People are tired of the biased lies.

12. W9WHE

W6EM writes:

"I'll never forget the smirkish look on Bush's face when he continued reading to a small child in Sarasota FL on the morning of 9/11 AFTER he'd been informed by an aide whispering the details of the disaster in his ear"

Wow. Some people are so blinded by hate-filled political rage, that they can't even believe their own eyes. ANYBODY that thought that look was a smirk, needs to re-examine their perceptive abillity. Its sad when political rage can cloud someone's perceptions so severely.

W9WHE

13. WB1WMB

WB1WMB Ham Member QRZ Page

W9WHE,

I salute you.

14. W9WHE

W6EM speculates:

"As to what happened to Dan Rather, well, I'm reasonably sure that undue influence was applied to achieve his early retirement".

Got any FACTS?
    Got any EVIDENCE?
    Got any BASIS for this "feeling"?
    Or is this just another example of "I just know it, so it must be"?

Why can't you accept facts?
    Dan Rather & his producer, Mary Mapes, put on a smear story that lacked a factual basis. They relied on fraudlent documents, AFTER being told that the documents could not be authenticated by multiple reputable forensic document examiners. They ignored the FACT that the suspicious documents came from a suspicious individual with a motive to lie.  Then, after an investigation, BOTH are history.

Only in liberal thinking do such FACTS lead to the conclusion that "undue influence" was afoot. Why is it not as simple as "the liars got fired" or "flase, unfounded allegations against a president are unacceptable"?  Recall Jason Blair, that liberal New York Times journalist that made things up, also got fired? remember Peter Arnet's story about the US millitary using nerve gas? He also got fired.

I guess it goes back to that old liberal addage "the ends justify the means". Getting Bush is OK, even if you use lies and forged, bogus documents to do it. News reporting should be unbiased and based upon facts. (fair and ballanced) Dan Rather's report was NEITHER. AND THAT IS WHY HE WAS FIRED!

The ends (get Bush) do not justify the means (make up lies and fabricate documents). Main stream America is sick and tired of FALSE, BIASED and Yellow journalism by the biased, left-wing media.

AND THAT IS WHY DAN RATHER WAS FIRED.
    CBS NEEDED TO SAVE WHAT LITTLE IS LEFT OF ITS FLAGGING "CREDIBILLITY".

15. W6EM

W6EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too, with one finger......

Real salutes for the Constitution and the Flag.  Not a smudgeon of one for corrupt politicians holding office.  And, continuing to do so when they should be tried and convicted for high crimes and misdemeanors.  And that, my friend, IS constitutional.

Jonathan's whaling and yelling is just a bunch of baloney.  The several thousand lives that have been lost to support Cheney and Bush's hip pockets are all tradgedies.  Those few that were lost attempting to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden were truly heroes.  Just like the firemen and policemen from NY and from the Pentagon.....

And, one more thing, Jonathan. I'm not a LIBERAL. Perhaps, more like a Libertarian. I do like balanced federal budgets. I abhore those who inflate our currency, spending dollars that don't exist. Only an MBA that doesn't know S from Shinola at the helm would do such a thing. Too simple for anyone else without an MBA to understand.

In my departure, I'll leave you with one thing that Dubyah said (quoted, irrefutably) that really lit my fire and still does to this day: "I don't care about the Constitution, it's just a G** D*** piece of paper!!

Those words, my friends, should be enough to Impeach ANY President. Any President, indeed.

Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.