ad: portazero-1

AJ Lewis WD4PLE SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K4UUG, Sep 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K4UUG

K4UUG Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Friends
    It is with deep sadness I bring this new of passing of my close Friend AJ Lewis WD4PLE AKA K4AJL.AIKEN, S.C. - Funeral services for Mr. Andrew J. Lewis Jr., (AJ), will take place on Saturday, September 3, 2011 at 11am at Bible Faith Holiness Church, Aiken with Pastors Eddie Moyer and Jack Norris officiating. Interment, with military honors, will follow at New Beginnings Holiness Church Cemetery, Aiken. The family will receive friends on Friday evening from 6-8pm at George Funeral Home(s)and(s)Cremation Center, 211 Park Ave. SW Aiken. Mr. Lewis, 62, of Aiken, died Thursday, August 31, 2011 at his residence. A lifelong resident of Aiken County, he was the son of Mrs. Margaret Rodgers Lewis Starling and the late Andrew J. Lewis, Sr. He was a member of Bible Faith Holiness Church and had served in the US Navy during the Viet Nam Conflict. Andrew was a retired truck driver and had also been the fleet sales manager at the former Vernon Chevrolet dealership in Aiken. An avid amateur radio operator, callsign WD4PLE and was an active member of the Columbia County Amateur Radio Club. He will be remembered as a loving husband, son, father and grandfather. In addition to his father, he was predeceased by a step brother, John Davis. He is survived by his wife, Marti A. Lewis, Aiken; a son, Andrew J. (Tonya) Lewis, III, Aiken; a daughter Heather R. (Mark) Roberts, Aiken; his mother, Margaret Rodgers Lewis Starling, Aiken; three brothers, Mike Lewis, Lincolnton, GA, Randy Lewis, Martinez, GA and Chuck Dixon, North Augusta, SC; a sister, Cindy Kitchens, Columbia, SC; a step-mother, Mary Lewis, North Augusta, SC and four step daughters, Terry (Kin) Herring, Windsor, SC, Roxanne (Michael) Rice, Sandersville, GA, Michelle (Lester) Chambers, North Augusta, and Renee (Hal) Hicks, Graniteville. He is also survived by five grandchildren, Whitney Hammonds, Sydnee Hammonds, Kayla Hammonds, Caroline Lewis and Gavin Lewis. Memorial donations may be directed to the Columbia County Amateur Radio Club, P.O. Box 800, Evans, GA 30809 or the Aiken SPCSA, 401 Wire Rd. Aiken, SC 29801. Expressions of sympathy for the Lewis family may be left at www.georgefuneralhomes.com .

2. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

still can not believe it

no post from tony

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  3. N1DVJ

N1DVJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be really nice if when these post were made in a 'general' area, the poster would realize this is the main page of QRZ and is of world interest. With that in mind, people who read this probably would like to know WHY this is of importance around the world.

How about some more data...

4. NJ0F

NJ0F Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sorry to hear this. AJ was a great guy and always a pleasure to talk to. RIP AJ.

5. K4UUG

N1DVJ your post should have said sorry about the loss of your friend I would like to know more about him.
    but thats not your kind nature is it !

6. NO3K

NO3K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

To N1DVJ, AJ Lewis was a beloved member of the Ham community here in the SE, and was well known and respected here. I believe the QRZ editors would have moved these posts if they felt they were inappropriate. At any rate, I know AJ would have loved knowing that he was remembered in a front page QRZ post by one of his friends from the Ham brotherhood, who loved him. You have posted a soft "flame" to an SK tribute. If you really feel this way, send your suggestion to the editors of QRZ, not as a reply to a tribute/obituary post. Really. Have some heart.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  7. NO3K

NO3K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It appears these posts may be put on the front page of QRZ, then moved by the editors to the "SK friends remembered" forum. This makes sense, since Hams unaware of a friend's passing would probably not go directly to the SK forum, (which does exist, by the way) just to check to see who has become an SK. I did not know there is a separate SK forum, but I much prefer K4UUG's main page post. WD4PLE's SK post is also on the SK forum.

8. K4UUG

KJ4OHL RICK I sure miss AJ'S VOICE ON THE RADIO but he is on the Grand Tour now http://youtu.be/EDgjtPrmtIs I think guys like N1DVJ have no friends and would not understand what a brotherhood is nor would he understand respect or tribute nor love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.