ad: elecraft

airboss launcher weights.

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by W1CJF, Jun 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W1CJF

W1CJF Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone know the email for airboss.. i tried his form on his page and it crashed and he seems to be redoing the entire site. I didn't find a email on his call sign kr4lo. Some how i missed place my weight so i need to order 4 or so.

2. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. K1VW

K1VW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I lost my special weight and had to come up with a half baked substitute recently... I had a 1 oz fishing weight, considerably smaller in diameter than the airboss weight. I wrapped it with black tape around the body to make it a bit "fatter". It still was pretty loose, about .050 undersize. I was able to launch it once, it went high enough to do what I needed, and my antenna is up. But the weights he has seem much better.

4. W1CJF

5. W1CJF

It seems his website is down or moved but nothing in its spot.. anyone have his email adress?

6. W1FBV

W1FBV Ham Member QRZ Page

2 oz. bass casting weights from Bass Pro Shops

W9CYS likes this.
  7. KC1GTK

KC1GTK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I lost all mine and picked some up at a local salt water bait shop in Salisbury MA. they had just the hole thru the center, I made a loop out of #14 Cu wire, ran it down the center hole and twisted a lump on the other end to keep it from pulling out.
    Operator error, I kept forgetting to open the bail one the reel!

8. NJ1X

NJ1X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Joe, K1VW
    After using up all of my Airboss weights, I used a 9/16 " socket, a 1/4-20 x 3/4 " slotted truss head machine screw, a 1/4 " metal washer and a 1/4 " nut. I inserted the screw
    through the open end of the socket, attached the washer and tied the fishing line between the washer and nut. This works well but can get expensive after losing a few sockets.
    I sent this message along to a popular ham web site but it was not given approval as of this date, 9/20/21.

Bill, NJ1X

9. W1LJD

W1LJD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I found the 2 oz weights that go with the air boss launcher. Amazon 5 pack 9.00. W1LJD

N3AWS and W9CYS like this.