Ailunce HD1 Dual Band DMR Amateur Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Aug 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. VE2AED

VE2AED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yolanda , Please make sure that Promiscuous mode can scan the band and when it locks on a frequency and time slot and TG it is important to allow for storing this channel in a selected memory . This will win the market . Thank you
    Howard VE2AED

2. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

I will make sure it, thanks

3. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

:)

4. N9ILS

N9ILS Subscriber QRZ Page

Great movie!

5. KH6TA

KH6TA Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume they are waiting on FCC certification as compliant with Part 90. I had an MD-2017
    and the biggest detriment was the "crazy" and hard to control trackball, second was the antenna
    connector issue. Sent it back for a refund. Gonna do a wait-see on this one, sticking with the
    proven reliable MD-380 and my Motorola XPR7550e. I would like a dual-band DMR HT when
    someone comes out with a reliable one............just my 2 cents.

6. KE1L

KE1L Ham Member QRZ Page

Just like all the American manufacturers making other models of handheld radio. In other words, none.

Motorola Solutions, the company that makes the Motorola two way radios, is based in Chicago, but they don't manufacture any radios in the US. Connect Systems is a California company but their radios are built in China. Hytera is based in Shenzhen, China. Alinco, Icom, Kenwood, and Yaesu are all based in Japan but mostly manufacture their radios in other Southeast Asia countries. Baofeng/Pofung, Retevis/Ailunce, TYT/Tytera, and Wouxun are all China-based companies.

The only mainstream US-based company that is making amateur radio equipment is Elecraft. They don't make handhelds. Ten-Tec might revive (they don't currently appear to be manufacturing anything) but they never made handheld radios in the US. There are a number of smaller niche companies, but they're not likely to make a handheld. Nobody has made handhelds in the US for a long time.