ad: MyersEng-1

Ailunce HD1 Dual Band DMR Amateur Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by BH6PJL, Aug 10, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. BH6PJL

BH6PJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Retevis Company has a new sub-brand, mainly for hams. Ailunce HD1 is the first radio Retevis R&D mainly for hams. What’s the different between HD1 and other dual band dmr radios? What makes HD1 unique? Not only it is Dual Band DMR radio, it has a lot of other functions and design details. All of them make HD1 unique.

Note:The radio’s in the short movies are proto-types. The final version will be more beautiful and greater.

1. Appearance Design:

Ailunce HD1 has Very simple design, 360 degree channel knob.The true radio’s lcd is made from inside by ultrasonic wave. This technology will improve the waterproof rating,even higher than IP67. The whole radio is waterproof and dustproof.

Long pres “*Scan” will turn on the scan function. Long press “#LOCK” will turn on keypad lock.you also can turn on the keypad lock by HD1 menu.

Battery indicate percent: Like the photo show, the battery is 88% now, it is more clear and more intuitive.

HD1 each line can display 16 characters.
    upload_2017-8-10_17-46-6.jpeg

2. Dual Band DMR Radio

Ailunce HD1 is true-2-slot, provide 2-slot communication which allows for 2 talk paths on 1 frequency;comply with MOTOTRBO Tier Ⅰ&Ⅱ. DMR and FM mode, dual display and dual standby.

VFO and Channel Mode. HD1 is True VFO mode. You can directly input frequency, shift, shift direction, color code and other settings via keypad. It is a great upgrade for digital radio. You can save the frequency as a channel, edit and delete. you can edit contacts,group lists,etc. HD1 make you operate almost all the settings via keypad.
    Channel mode, there are three different display ways for choice. Name(channel name and channel number), Chnnel(channel number), frequency(frequency and channel number).

You can change the channel display ways by menu. In channel frequency mode, you can change vfo and channel mode by short press “EXIT”. Long press “Exit” will change analog and digital in vfo mode.

3. Radio ID

Some hams may have several radio ID, so they ask if the radio can edit radio ID via radio keypad. HD1 can save total 32 radio ID, You can choose the radio id directly. In addition, you can chooose the radio id you have saved via keypad, or you also can edit the radio id by radio keypad.
    upload_2017-8-10_17-48-36.jpeg

4. Customize side key via radio keypad
    You not only can customize the side key by HD1 software, but also can customized the side key via radio keypad.
    upload_2017-8-10_17-48-55.jpeg

5. You can operate the HD1 when there is a incomming call

You can operate the HD1 even if your radio is receiving. You can enter the menu to do any operation. The menu will not go back to the menu home page automatically. You can press “EXIT” to go back to menu home page step by step. press the PTT you can go bact to the menu home page directly.

6. Three scan mode
    Ailunce HD1 has three scan mode. Time, carrier and search. HD1 give you more choice.
    upload_2017-8-10_17-49-17.jpeg

7. Promiscuous

Ailunce HD1 has promiscuous function, when you choose “ON”, It will make you listen all the signal, even if you are not in the same group.
    upload_2017-8-10_17-49-36.jpeg

8.Two-slot simplex(DCDM)
    it support two conversations on the same channel in simplex mode.

9.High power and Large memory battery
    HD1 has three power level. 10w/5w/1w, you can choose by software,menu,or side key. the battery of HD1 is 3200mAh. Professional battery and long standby.

10.Special Contacts List
    The contacts list has two parts. One part is priority contacts, it includes 1000 contacts. You can edit contacts in software or on the radio via keypad directly. Another parts is address book contacts, it includes 100000 contacts. You can edit the contacts use table file(.csv) on PC, then import the files to the software. Import and export is very easy.

The contacts list information includes Call type, Name, Callsign, City ,Province, Country and ID. When you receive a call, you radio will show all information about the transmitter, not only a radio ID like RT3/RT8/MD380/MD390 etc.

I only show some functions here. there are a lot of design details suit for hams and waiting for you to discover. Let waiting for HD1 comming in Septembe. More information about the HD1, you can follow Ailunce FB home page.

Attached Files:

2. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

I can't find these for sale anywhere?

3. W3AAP

W3AAP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yolanda said: "Let waiting for HD1 comming in Septembe"

I take that to mean that they will be for sale next month...

4. BH6PJL

It will be available in September.

5. BH6PJL

Yes, it will be available in September

6. W8GMD

W8GMD Ham Member QRZ Page

What will be the selling price?

7. W1XWX

W1XWX Ham Member QRZ Page

American components--- Russian components-- all made in Taiwan! :)

KF9EM likes this.
  8. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see to many American manufacturers rushing in to join the Frey. So, until then, welcome.

9. AE9AM

AE9AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well duh, they're obviously afraid of Arya.

10. 2E0PRG

2E0PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting article I intend to get one of these HT's when they become available in the UK, right now I am playing with a TYT MD-2017 its OK but the trackball is a pain lol anyway 73s :)

11. VE2AED

VE2AED XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yolanda , Please make sure that Promiscuous mode can scan the band and when it locks on a frequency and time slot and TG it is important to allow for storing this channel in a selected memory . This will win the market . Thank you
    Howard VE2AED

12. BH6PJL

I will make sure it, thanks

13. BH6PJL

:)

14. KF9EM

KF9EM Ham Member QRZ Page

Great movie!

15. W5AMG

W5AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume they are waiting on FCC certification as compliant with Part 90. I had an MD-2017
    and the biggest detriment was the "crazy" and hard to control trackball, second was the antenna
    connector issue. Sent it back for a refund. Gonna do a wait-see on this one, sticking with the
    proven reliable MD-380 and my Motorola XPR7550e. I would like a dual-band DMR HT when
    someone comes out with a reliable one............just my 2 cents.