ad: UR5CDX-1

ag4zl warning

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by NE0X, Jul 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NE0X

NE0X Ham Member QRZ Page

it pains me to have to report that in dealing with ag4zl i came up screwed out of my ft920. in a swap his radio was damaged, i returned it to him and awaited for more than 6 months either the return of my radio or the insurance claim which he received from the usps, as of this date im still waiting and he has stopped communicating with me. i assume at this point he has no intention of following through with his end. so beware ag4zl!!!!!!!!! ron ne0x

2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Which website did this transaction occur?

AG4ZL is/was president of:

LENOIR AMATEUR RADIO CLUB

http://n4lnr.org/

Let them know what's going on.

3. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

4. AG4ZL

AG4ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

FIRST OF ALL USPS TOLD ME THE RADIO WAS RETURNED TO THEM BUY YOU. WHEN I RECEIVE IT IT WAS MISSING THE HEIL pr40 THE BOOM AND THE UNIT WAS DAMAGED..I returned the rig to USPS to file a claim. wHICH ONLY RECEIVED 300 FOR EVERYTHING...YOU KNOW THAT RON. You told me this when i called you back that you would accept the radio if it wanted severely damaged. I sent you at IC-756 Pro PR-40 mic with the Hand keyer,boom etc...USPS told me the radio had been delivered for over 24hrs before you returned/damaged and took my Mic..So yes Before i return the radio you must compensate me for Shipping X2 1PR-40 Mic with the Heil boom XLR and Keyer..Tell the whole story..I gave you my phone number to call me 2-3 times if email wasn't working..Not one call. I am not a scammer. I am just a guy that don't want to be screwed out of equipment i bought with my money...Scammer really???

5. AG4ZL

I have been a ham for 20 years and traded sold on here..Never had a problem till now..Be the judge..It was a bad deal from the beginning. If he compensates me for my losses i will compensate for his...This is not a one way street.

6. NE0X

NE0X Ham Member QRZ Page

at least now he is communicating again, ill be glad to post all the emails from you to me and visa versa if you want to be embarrassed and caught in a lie. im truly sorry you had a loss of the accessories but as the post office will testify i never took possession of radio, that loss would be between you and usps. now according to your emails to me they settled with you for the entire 700 dollars. per your email you stated your wife would post a check to me that week. that was the last email i received from you. i have no choice now but to turn you into the usps for postal fraud. last chance. ron ne0x

7. AG4ZL

Yes there we several emails ron..I am not fighting with you..To Whom this may concern!!This is why communication had stopped!!!!! Postal Fraud?????LOL REALLY... Emails can be modified rom Copy & Paste...POST ALL YOU WANT...A communications will be done through my attorney from here on out!!!!I am done with this......

8. NE0X

NE0X Ham Member QRZ Page

here is some good reading as i kept the email thread between ag4zl and myself. you be the judge. ron ne0x

to me
    [​IMG]
    Good evening [​IMG]. I finally got a date on when the check is going to be here..the check is going to be in the amount of $642.92 according to the lady I spoke with she stated that it will be here around April 22nd. I will add the $58. I'm just glad to get this behind us and get you paid. I'm very thankful for your patience and if you would like to call me please do so at 828-781-4174. 73 Sir

On Dec 2, 2018 6:51 PM, John <ag4zl@att.net> wrote:
    Hey Ron sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. all I know as of right now is it has been approved. I've been checking the mail regularly to see if anything has came in. I called and left a message for them to get ahold of me hopefully I will hear something tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine as for I put on 5 lb. I am headed back to Florida in the morning to try to finish up these jobs we have obtained. I have instructed my wife to contact me immediately if a check comes in.

On Nov 30, 2018 9:41 AM, Ron-NE0X story <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    i assume still no movement from post office, ron ne0x
    how much news can the fake news fake, while the fake news fakes, fake news?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 2:03 PM John <ag4zl@att.net> wrote:
    Hello Ron. Just touching base. As of right now I am still in Florida but I did get a phone call from an adjuster from the Postal Service. Before I left I sent them an estimated cost to repair or replace for the Icom. Since the radio is in the possession of a service technician they are wanting an estimate from him. So Justin has been contacted and supposed to forward that information to them.

I proceeded to ask them how long it was going to take the file the claim and process the claim. They stated once I got everything to them it could be anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks before a check is to be issued. And from what I understand if they do a full claim on the radio I will have to send them the radio before the check will be issued. So that being said if the radio has to go into their possession how much are you going to ask for it? The full claim amount is going to be for $655 not counting the amount that cost to ship to you. Anyway just let me know I will be in touch as soon as I hear something.

On Oct 19, 2018 10:16 AM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    ok tnx for update, i know it may take a while. im from savannah ga so i know humidity and heat.... cul ron ne0x

On 10/19/18 8:59 AM, John wrote:
    Good morning Ron. I had intentions on emailing you this morning. I called Wednesday to see if they have heard anything yet. I was told that I would receive a phone call once the investigation was complete.I asked them if they would give me a progress and all they could tell me was it was still under investigation go figure. I am in Florida right now helping out with damage from Hurricane Michael. The contractor I work for has a customer down here. From what I understand the parts have came in for the Pro and I instructed my wife to send that over to my good friend to install the feet and put the radio on an oscilloscope to check if it needs a line. I should be back in North Carolina by this time next week fingers crossed. The humidity down here is enough to punish a man who is not used to it. I do believe I've drank more water in the last 2 days than I drink in a whole month. I promise as soon as I hear something I will touch base. By the way I changed my phone number due to the fact I had multiple people calling me trying to sell me stuff. You have to be careful putting your phone number on the internet hi hi. Anyway my friend I will touch base with you soon as I get home and we will go from there or if I hear from the post office before then I will call you or email. Have a great weekend talk to you later.

On Oct 19, 2018 1:48 AM, Ron-NE0X story <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    i gess real early to hear anything from po on settlement. ron ne0x

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 5:41 AM Ron-NE0X story <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    ok john, tnx fer the update, ur doing exactly what i wud hve done, so forge ahead. im sure unless u put real pressure on them they will drag their feet as is usual fer large corps. tnx agn and keep me in the loop. ron ne0x

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM John <ag4zl@att.net> wrote:
    Hello Ron. Just touching base with you the parts should be in Tuesday for the Pro. Also I spoke with the postmaster and the claim has been issued but they are going to do an investigation. They are going to try to find out where and how the Box got wet and if it got wet inside the facility and if there is footage of the incident inside the Hub. I'm beginning to think this is going to take a while but the ball is rolling. I am still talkin on the pro and I checked into a few more Nets and work some DX and it's still driving my amplifier gracefully. So far so good but I am still claiming full value of the radio as for the damage that was caused to the unit and shipping costs. I'm not too sure just yet if the claim will allow me to keep the radio or we'll have to turn it in to the post office for the insurance purpose. Either or I hope things get done. I will talk to you later I hope you have a great week and I will touch base again the next time I hear something.

On Oct 3, 2018 6:09 AM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    no point until u get it all formalized...tnx john..ron

On 10/03/2018 04:06 AM, John wrote:
    Good morning Ron I should hear something today. I had spoke with the postmaster here and got the paperwork brought home to fill out I have to turn it in before I head out to work this morning. I was waiting on taking the pictures until the new parts came in but if you want me to I can take you some

On Oct 3, 2018 4:25 AM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    ok how about an update and some pics of the progress, tnx ron ne0x

On 09/24/2018 07:35 PM, John wrote:
    I hear you. Slowpoke Monroe the postmaster. Still nothing today hopefully it'll be here tomorrow and I can get this process started

On Sep 24, 2018 8:12 PM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    if they just shipped they took their time about it.

On 09/24/2018 02:21 PM, John Crowe wrote:
    Did they just ship?

Thank you,

John M.Crowe (AG4ZL)
    President of the Lenoir Amateur Radio Club (LARC)
    Asst: Emergency Coordinator(CARES)
    Caldwell County A.R.E.S
    Net Control S.A.T.E.R.N 20 meters
    Caldwell Co. Severe Weather Net Skywarn EC

On Monday, September 24, 2018 3:14 PM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:

lady just called me from po and gave me tracking number. said the packed old box inside new box. keep me up to date. ron ne0x

On 09/24/2018 11:04 AM, John wrote:
    Nothing as of yet. Mail usually runs here between 2 and 3 p.m.. I typed in the tracking number and all it's saying is that the package is on its way but it will be arriving late. I hope it shows up today.
    On Sep 24, 2018 9:41 AM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    u see radio yet?

On 09/06/2018 07:32 PM, John Crowe wrote:
    sounds good

Thank you,

John M.Crowe (AG4ZL)
    President of the Lenoir Amateur Radio Club (LARC)
    Asst: Emergency Coordinator(CARES)
    Caldwell County A.R.E.S
    Net Control S.A.T.E.R.N 20 meters
    Caldwell Co. Severe Weather Net Skywarn EC

On Thursday, September 6, 2018 8:30 PM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:

ill call about 1030 ct 1130 et....

On 09/06/2018 07:21 PM, John wrote:
    > okay Ron I'm sorry I should have sent more pics. I got held up at work and I will get those to you just in a few minutes. I will be up pretty late this evening so if you still want to call if you feel like it you can. My wife works 3rd shift so I'm usually up late anyway on weekends.
    > On Sep 6, 2018 7:02 PM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> after u send pics if it looks good consider its a trade. ill have it
    >> boxed and shipped by fedex tomorrow morn when i get off work. i cant
    >> call till after 10 pm cst which masy be too late for east coast fellows.
    >> ron ne0x
    >>
    >>
    >> On 09/06/2018 11:43 AM, John wrote:
    >>> I am very interested in trading. I will send you some more pics of the pro after work.. you can call me at 828-781-7155 later and we can talk more. The 920 looks clean.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> On Sep 6, 2018 8:40 AM, ron <ne0xron@gmail.com> wrote:

[​IMG]
    Ron-NE0X story <ne0xron@gmail.com>
    Feb 6, 2019, 11:50 PM

to John
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for staying on top and your very honorable ham. Just like in old days. Tnx agn. Ron ne0x
    [​IMG]
    John <ag4zl@att.net>
    Feb 6, 2019, 10:08 PM

9. AG4ZL

Sure is and here..This thread is what changed things for me after the investigation....Notice there are only 10 emails in 6 months???!!!???? WE HAVE SEVERAL PHONE CONVERSATIONS... Like before..I will offer for the world to see $400 dollars TO ACCOUNT MY LOSES AND YOU GET PAID!!! Take it or leave it the ball is in your court!!!!

On Sun, Oct 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM John <ag4zl@att.net> wrote:
    Hello Ron. Just touching base with you the parts should be in Tuesday for the Pro. Also I spoke with the postmaster and the claim has been issued but they are going to do an investigation. They are going to try to find out where and how the Box got wet and if it got wet inside the facility and if there is footage of the incident inside the Hub. I'm beginning to think this is going to take a while but the ball is rolling. I am still talkin on the pro and I checked into a few more Nets and work some DX and it's still driving my amplifier gracefully. So far so good but I am still claiming full value of the radio as for the damage that was caused to the unit and shipping costs. I'm not too sure just yet if the claim will allow me to keep the radio or we'll have to turn it in to the post office for the insurance purpose. Either or I hope things get done. I will talk to you later I hope you have a great week and I will touch base again the next time I hear something.

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Why don't you guys take this off list between yourselves?

We aren't the judge and jury.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    KS4W, KA2FIR and N3AB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.