ad: elecraft

Aether (Mac) LoTW download problem

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W6IA, Jun 6, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. W6IA

W6IA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On May 22nd, for unknown reasons, Aether (version 1.6.4) simply stopped retrieving confirmed QSOs from LoTW. The upload works just fine and I can see that confirmations are, in fact, occurring via the LoTW website but Aether is not properly retrieving the data and updating the "Rcvd LoTW" field. I have tried everything -- deleting and re-installing the software, checking permissions, etc. -- I even requested a new certificate from LoTW just to make sure I did not have some kind of certificate corruption. I didn't make any changes to my system that I am aware of on or about May 22nd.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    73 to all, Mark W6IA

2. K3DCW

K3DCW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you emailed Andrew to see if there is an issue with the software? support@aetherlog.com would be my first stop.

Dave

3. W6IA

Hi Dave:
    Yes, I have tried to reach Andrew several times with no success; hence my posting here. If I am the only person having this problem it is clearly some kind of system issue on my end.
    Thanks for the input!
    -- Mark

4. K3DCW

Well, I hope all is well with Andrew. It is unlike him to go incommunicado.

5. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed that sometimes, the LoTW site does not respond to a download request. I consider this a blessing as to me, it's a complete waste of time to retrieve QSLs as the LoTW system has the correct and most accurate counts and DXCC country identification. I wish there was a way to turn off the download portion as the Aether/LoTW cycle takes 5-6 minutes for 20k+ QSOs on my iMac.

6. W6IA

K7GQ...TU. It appears I am also moving in that direction -- not worrying about the lack of download confirmations in Aether and just checking on the LoTW website for the latest information. It still would be nice if I could figure out why this problem suddenly occurred after about 3 years of trouble-free Aether operation. Oh well... 73, Mark W6IA

7. K3DCW

Nothing against Aether, but you could always consider moving to one of the other popular macOS loggers like MacLoggerDX ($95) or RUMlogNG (free). Both are actively developed with great support...and both work just fine with LoTW.