ad: Radclub22-1

Aether (Mac) LoTW download problem

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by W6IA, Jun 6, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W6IA

W6IA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On May 22nd, for unknown reasons, Aether (version 1.6.4) simply stopped retrieving confirmed QSOs from LoTW. The upload works just fine and I can see that confirmations are, in fact, occurring via the LoTW website but Aether is not properly retrieving the data and updating the "Rcvd LoTW" field. I have tried everything -- deleting and re-installing the software, checking permissions, etc. -- I even requested a new certificate from LoTW just to make sure I did not have some kind of certificate corruption. I didn't make any changes to my system that I am aware of on or about May 22nd.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    73 to all, Mark W6IA

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Have you emailed Andrew to see if there is an issue with the software? support@aetherlog.com would be my first stop.

Dave

3. W6IA

Hi Dave:
    Yes, I have tried to reach Andrew several times with no success; hence my posting here. If I am the only person having this problem it is clearly some kind of system issue on my end.
    Thanks for the input!
    -- Mark

4. K3DCW

Well, I hope all is well with Andrew. It is unlike him to go incommunicado.

5. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I've noticed that sometimes, the LoTW site does not respond to a download request. I consider this a blessing as to me, it's a complete waste of time to retrieve QSLs as the LoTW system has the correct and most accurate counts and DXCC country identification. I wish there was a way to turn off the download portion as the Aether/LoTW cycle takes 5-6 minutes for 20k+ QSOs on my iMac.

6. W6IA

K7GQ...TU. It appears I am also moving in that direction -- not worrying about the lack of download confirmations in Aether and just checking on the LoTW website for the latest information. It still would be nice if I could figure out why this problem suddenly occurred after about 3 years of trouble-free Aether operation. Oh well... 73, Mark W6IA

7. K3DCW

Nothing against Aether, but you could always consider moving to one of the other popular macOS loggers like MacLoggerDX ($95) or RUMlogNG (free). Both are actively developed with great support...and both work just fine with LoTW.