Aether Log Users - POTA - Help

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by N7GHG, Aug 14, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N7GHG

N7GHG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not getting answers from Andrew.. the software writer.. from other discussions it appears he has dropped off the face of the earth for a few years not. That said. It looks like a nice piece of software in that it looks quite simple to use for an ooold f@rt like me.

I'd like to use it for a general logging tool.. but my main use would hopefully be for POTA (Parks on the Air) activations.. I need to be able to create ADIF files for submission, which this appears to be able to do.

Two fields that are necessary are My Park and Park to Park
    One is: MY_SIG_INFO where I enter the designator for My Park... the park I'm activating
    Other is: SIG_INFO where I enter the park designator for a contact from another POTA park if I happen to make one.. extra points there.. grin

I'm hoping there are some here who may have used it for POTA and can tell me if there is a location/field already in Aether.. or if there is a place where that other park can be input.

I am able to add these fields to RUMlogNG but it is much more than I need as I'm not a contester.

Thanks, Bill N7GHG

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not post the question in the sub-forum above for Mac users?

Why not set aside the fields "TX Exch." and "RX Exch." for this use. Later when you've created the ADIF (.adi), use a text editor or Word Processor to "change all"

<srx_string:l> to <MY_SIG_INFO:l> where '"l" is the length of the transmitted POTA code
    <stx_string:n> to <SIG_INFO:n> and "n" is the length of the incoming POTA code.

Andrew continues to actively support Aether but frankly, the income from Aether doesn't feed his family as does his "real" job.

3. N7GHG

Thanks.. I'll try to figure that out.. I'm obviously not great with this.. Certainly not tech savvy.

4. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HI BILL,

HAVE LOTS OF FUN OUT THERE ON THE POTAto fields.

HERE IS A LINK THAT YOU MIGHT FIND HELPFUL TOWARDS YOUR POTA ACTIVITIES.

ENJOY YOURSELF AND PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE BANDS ARE
    NOW IN THEIR TYPICAL " SUMMER PROFILE " AND CONDX
    ARE NOT THE BEST.

73 - K1LKP

N7GHG likes this.
  5. N7GHG

Thank you sir...

6. KC1DR

KC1DR Subscriber QRZ Page

I looked at this and agree with you it appears to be a well written piece of software. that being said, I don't know where Mac OS users are going to be in the long run when Apple changes to their own chips next year. You might find you have an orphan, and be forced to transfer your data to something else or bring it to QRZ.