AES Going Out of Business...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NL7W, Jul 6, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KB4MNG

KB4MNG Ham Member QRZ Page

Walter Ashe?

2. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

zombiebrains.jpg

Does anyone notice the dates anymore.... :rolleyes:

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

upload_2019-7-11_18-44-49.png

Dave
    W7UUU

WA9UAA and W9JEF like this.
  4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ashe and ye shalle Receive?

W7UUU and KP4SX like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

GROAN..... :p

But well played :)

Dave
    W7UUU

6. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

To tell the truth, I didn't notice at first and assumed this was a current announcement that AES was closing at the end of this month. I take QST but AES ads haven't been conspicuous to me by their absence. Now come to think of it, I do vaguely remember something about this, but that shows how much attention I pay to the the plastic radio market.

The amateur radio market is very small, compared to other electronics sales. Shipping costs and the small customer base played roles in this move. In addition, the lower cost, similar (or more) featured Chinese radios have also caused many smart consumers to purchase their equipment elsewhere, such as eBay, Wouxun, Amazon, and other online stores... The amateur radio market is not strong enough to support multiple physical amateur radio stores. Similar things have happened to other stores, such as Circuit City and Radio Shack. We expect more physical ham radio stores to go out of business within the next couple of years.

https://ultratechlife.com/tech/amat...oes-out-of-business-sold-to-ham-radio-outlet/

7. W9JEF

W9JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

I see your Walter Ashe, and raise you... upload_2019-7-11_21-25-17.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    They had surplus 1625 tubes (12 volt version of the venerable 807) for 29 cents a piece. Got an 800 volt @300 mA power supply kit from them (for my 120 watt home brew AM rig) for $29.95.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019 at 3:41 AM
  8. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

Why is a 3-year old dead thread being replied to?

K1OIK and AC0OB like this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because its Teh Zed.

W9JEF likes this.
  10. W9JEF

W9JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

There are a number of well-grounded reasons.

:cool:

W2VW likes this.