ad: Bamatech-1

AE1CT-Up to his old games

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by K2PJW, Sep 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2PJW

K2PJW Subscriber QRZ Page

Three weeks ago I purchased a receiver from the above mentioned seller. He said he would ship the same day that he received the money order. I sent the money order the next day.............and I have heard nothing from him since then. I have emailed him to find out about shipping but never received a reply. I decided to search his callsign here and then discovered that he has a bad history selling here on qrz.com.

I am only out $40.00. But it still bothers me that someone would do this and I hope that by posting this message that it will save someone else from buying from this guy and losing their money. Also I would highly suggest to search for any seller's callsign first because if I would have done that I never would have bought from him.

I have a family trip planned for Columbus Day weekend. My family lives about an hour from his qrz address so maybe I will pay him a visit in three weeks.

2. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

Say what you will about eBay, but this hasn't ever happened to me there or by using Pay Pal.
    Pay Pal came to the rescue with the only scammer I have encountered and my money was refunded in under ten days.
    Good Luck.

KD5IKX likes this.
  3. K2PJW

After this post I received an email today from the seller that the radio will be shipped. I will update this post with any further information.

4. N8AFT

Sounds good...

5. N3AB

N3AB Ham Member QRZ Page

He told me he wanted to buy a Nye key that I had for sale a few months ago. Asked me if I would wait until "the end of the month" for payment, which I did. When the date got close to "the end of the month", he emailed me to confirm my info. I answered his email as requested.

Several "the end of the months" have passed, and I never heard another word from him.

6. K2PJW

Still no sign of the radio. At this point I am going to file a complaint with the Postal Inspectors. Will keep this updated with what the Postal Inspectors do for me.

7. K3BR

K3BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe you should pay him that "personal visit", OM.

K2PJW likes this.
  8. N8AFT

Why does no one here tell us this miscreant's name?
    He is listed as AE1CT, Gary F North of Ladson South Carolina.

9. K2PJW

I want to update this thread. Two weeks ago I sent the seller an email stating that I would file a complaint with the Postal Inspectors if he did not refund my money or send the receiver. About one week after that the receiver showed up at my house. I am glad that it finally got here. However it is missing two tubes and some wire has been removed from beneath the chassis, neither of which was mentioned in the ad. In the end I am happy that it finally got here. I am not happy about the problems and misinformation from the seller.

Thanks to everyone that replied and gave me helpful ideas that finally got the radio here.

N3AB likes this.
  10. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

We are able to see how many "likes" a poster receives to the extent that is relevant would be useful to see how many complaints a seller has received for their selling transaction(s) which would be very relevant.