AE1CT...so far, so bad

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KK7BV, Mar 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK7BV

KK7BV Ham Member QRZ Page

Paid for a tuner 2/14 and despite emails, QRZ messages and beginning "resolution" via PayPal - nothing heard and nothing in the mail.

Avoid!

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. W4AJF

W4AJF Ham Member QRZ Page

3. K8MSH

K8MSH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Gary had Paypal put hold on the money he sent me. Issue was resolved with him (wrong item accidentally sent, sent correct item and actually let him keep original item accidentally sent--all verified with USPS delivery tracking). Have emailed several times, will not answer emails or have Paypal release hold on funds.
    Items were from an SK estate, selling as favor to family--sad!

4. AE1CT

AE1CT Ham Member QRZ Page

HE SENT ME AN ITEM I DIDNT PAY FOR TOOK SOME TIME FOR MARK TO REPLY ABOUT THE ITEM I PAID FOR. HE FINALLY SENT THE ITEM. HE GOT PAID ALL IS GOOD.

5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good. And how about John KK7BV?

6. AE1CT

AE1CT Ham Member QRZ Page

KK7BV got a full refund but he failed to mention it.

7. KK7BV

KK7BV Ham Member QRZ Page

Failed to mention what?

PayPal resolved my issue, no thanks to AE1CT, and the resolution process took every bit as long as it could have.

My new policy is to search forums for buyers/sellers callsigns before doing any deals, which you should definitely do and which would have warned me off of this guy.

I will not deal with AE1CT ever again, and typing this is the last of the energy I will expend on him or his kind.

KB4QAA, AJ4GQ and N3AB like this.
  8. K8MSH

K8MSH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Paypal resolution process dragged out for me as well--AE1CT could have notified paypal situation was resolved. If he had done so, there would be no reason for this post. I had to file complaint with paypal to settle the dispute and wait for them to review the case as he would not respond to my emails.

As for the "took some time to reply," his implication is that I was slow in responding--NO WAY! He notified me of the problem on Apr. 9, I responded the same day, and shipped the replacement on April 10, the following day. I have the shipping records/emails to prove it.

I'm glad the hold has finally been resolved, but was resolved by Paypal--not by any action from Gary.

I agree withKK7BV. Take time to check out sellers and buyers prior to entering a transaction.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yikes! It's good we have a forum for this, so that folks can be warned about less-than-stellar sellers.

It's too bad though. I always hate to read about hams being bad sellers to other hams :(

Dave
    W7UUU

AJ4GQ, NY8T and K9ASE like this.