ad: ProAudio-1

Adjusting the 7300 spectrum scope to get the flex like green line

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KG7HVR, Sep 24, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Page 39 and 40 of the advanced manual which is a free download from Icom.

K0UO likes this.
  2. G4OBB

G4OBB Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you sir....I appreciate your help/....73

K0UO likes this.
  3. KX2T

KX2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Once you start to play you can fill in the spectrum line from the bottom of the noise floor on up to were the signal peaks with whatever color you want, same as on the 7610 to give you a much more pleasing spectrum display, its all in the manual but you must READ it to get the most out of your radio!

K0UO and K7GYB like this.
  4. W2VW

W2VW Ham Member QRZ Page

Why can't manufacturers just read their own manuals and charge a little bit more for the option?

Most people are too busy to read manuals.

5. PA0MHS

PA0MHS Ham Member QRZ Page

I think you should rephrase that to: "most people don't have enough patience to read manuals". Or maybe even closer to the truth: "most people are too lazy to read manuals". If I'd receive a $ for every question my customers mail me about the products I manufacture and to which I just reply: "see page xx of the manual", I'd be rich now.

Really, men don't read manuals. But every man asks himself why his wife didn't come with a manual ;)

W2VW, VK6APZ/SK2022, KB7AA and 3 others like this.
  6. K9CRT

K9CRT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I own and operate a Flex for 3 years. It doesn't have a green line and if you think the scope display of the 7300 is like a Flex you are greatly mistaken. This is like saying my mobile home floor plan is the same as a 1million dollar home all I have to do is move the kitchen table around.

7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess that depends on which Flex you have!
    I have had them all/ and the 7300 knoxs the stocks off of many of the versions.

K7GYB likes this.
  8. W5WN

W5WN QRZ Lifetime Member #379 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I just got an IC-7300 a few days ago and wish there was a way to make the waveform a little bigger. It's so small that it is difficult to see with my eyesight. I have a Flex 3K and use a 22 inch monitor. The scope takes up 3/4 of the screen and makes it very easy to see the signals.

9. KB7AA

KB7AA Ham Member QRZ Page

N1mm software can be downloaded FREE for 7300 to make screen large for computer screen. Download it, and go to YouTube for videos on how to do this. I am not much of a tech, and I had it up and running pretty quick. Enjoy! 73, Gerald Kb7aa

W5WN likes this.
  10. W5WN

W5WN QRZ Lifetime Member #379 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you, Gerald!

11. G0DJA

G0DJA Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a written list please? I don't run audio on my shack PC as it's switched off to avoid accidentally transmitting unwanted PC audio on air.
    Also, it may be an age thing, but I prefer working from a written list as then I don't have to keep pausing and re winding.

Thanks.