Adhesive for tacking coax to concrete

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by N5YPJ, Aug 2, 2020 at 1:10 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

Hi

A change of plans where I intended to route a coax from the noise antenna to the noise canceler unit puts it too close to cable TV internet both running both parallel and crossing it. The back porch the coax to be installed will run across has a cement floor with a 6 inch high cement ledge. I would like to run the cable along the ledge where it meets the floor "tacking" it every few feet with an adhesive just to hold it in place and well out the way of foot traffic. I really don't want to drill and install cement anchors for this project. Has anyone used an adhesive they can recommend? I'm concerned about possibility of an adhesive damaging the coax jacket.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day.

Richard / N%YPJ

2. AJ5J

AJ5J Ham Member QRZ Page

I would test a short length before the full glue-down but I suspect two-part epoxy would be dandy.

Jeff

N9LCD likes this.
  3. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,

I'd use some silicone sealant. It would last as long as you need it and still be easy to take out later. Would be safe for a p!astic coax jacket -- usually PVC I think.

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

try FlesSeal, as advertised on late nite TV.....again and again and again.

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have stuck coax up for a number of years with liquid nails adhesive

AJ5J likes this.
  6. AJ5J

AJ5J Ham Member QRZ Page

Hot glue often works surprisingly well and is removable, too. I prep large or long surfaces with a heat gun before applying.

WR2E likes this.
  7. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Adhesive silicone sealant will work. This is stronger than plain silicone caulk, they are not the same. Either would probably work.
    It can be removed, but will require using a stiff wire brush. You can not easily get it out of the concrete, you will end up removing the surface of the concrete where the sealant was, so the texture and color of the concrete will change too in those areas.

8. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Try Gorilla Glue. That stuff really works.
    Barry

9. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I vote for hot glue. Easier to remove when the time comes.

KU3X likes this.
  10. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd put your chosen adhesive directly on a short piece of coax and wait several days for the adhesive to fully cure and set. Then see if the ahhesive had any effect of the jacket.