Address Change with FCC?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KD9HRB, May 4, 2021 at 7:12 AM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KD9HRB

KD9HRB Ham Member QRZ Page

What the best way to do a address change with the FCC? Ive checked out the website doesnt seem so straight forward.
    Thanks,
    KD9HRB

2. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I changed my address on the FCC web site less than a year ago. It was a piece of cake. Don't be afraid of the FCC web site. Overall, it's pretty easy to navigate. Note, however, you will need your FCC ID number. If you don't have one or don't know yours, they will provide it via email.

3. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Also, note that address change doesn't involve a fee.

KA4DPO and WA9SVD like this.
  4. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KD5QFL

KD5QFL Ham Member QRZ Page

Finally changed mine last week, took 2-3 days for it to update.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

An address change through the FCC's ULS, of course, does NOT require a fee of ANY kind. Using a third party , however, may well require a "convenience" fee (like they require for a renewal) but THEY retain ALL fund$, and NO money goes to the FCC. At present, any address change, name change, or renewal to an amateur license made directly to the FCC/ULS require NO fee whatsoever. (And is far faster than relying upon a third party!)

N2EY likes this.
  7. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Look up your callsign in QRZ, go to the "Detail" page, then click on view FCC record. Click the admin tab, under that click on the "file number" under applications.
    Under applicant information it shows your FRN.

KD9HRB your's is 0026184606

8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You might as well get used to the website. That's what we'll be using from here on out (unless you want to pay somebody to change it for you). As Jim says there's no fee for address changes. In fact, so far there's still no fee for ANYTHING....looks like they won't be implemented till this summer. ;)

KA4DPO likes this.
  9. KD9HRB

KD9HRB Ham Member QRZ Page

I got it, at first look it was a little intimidating, did want to screw it up. Last thing I need is to mess up with a Gov. agency. Piece o Cake, station is down due to divorce. Hope to get it back up soon, I still have it all. Opportunity to build a better one! Thank you honey, no more complaining about precious RF from you!
    Peace & 73's

10. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, not exactly.

Filing Manually

You may alternatively submit a paper FCC Form 605 to

FCC

1270 Fairfield Road

Gettysburg, PA 17325-7245

Of course, that requires downloading the Form 605:
    file:///C:/Users/melgr/AppData/Local/Temp/605mainformoctober2020.pdf
    ;)