ADDRESS CHANGE FCC REG'S

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9FMV, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

There is no requirement that you must know all of the regulations concerning amateur radio. However, you must obey all of them. What I recommend, and, sometime in the past it was spelled out in 47 CFR that you had to have, is the information be readily available. Then, if you have any questions then you can "look it up" in a hurry.

Since the regulations change, here is the URL for being able to obtain the latest versions of anything contained in 47 CFR:

https://www.fcc.gov/wireless/bureau...nnovation-division/rules-regulations-title-47

Even though, in most of my professional career, I did have to work with the FCC with a number of the various Radio Services, I never came close to having memorized 47 CFR, I did have all of the information available. Before the information was available on the Internet, whenever a new set of the regulations came out, a set of these regulations was purchased. Fortunately, there was a Government Book Store located, in the Federal Courthouse, just a few blocks from my office.

I did have several friends who were engineers at the Dallas, Texas, FCC offices. There were, at times, gray areas in the regulations where the implementation of certain things was not certain. When one of the engineers was contacted about the implementation, I was told that, if pressed, any FCC official would probably say not to do the implementation. This was just a "cover your anatomy" response because virtually no Federal employee would take it upon themselves to set policy. Instead, they told me that I probably knew the regulations better than they did. Therefore, if I thought the implementation was legal just to go ahead and implement the system, etc. If someone complained, then an official determination would be made and, if it were determined that the system was in violation of the regulations, all that they would do would be to require the system be turned off. No one ever complained and the systems remained in service.

Glen, K9STH