ADDRESS CHANGE FCC REG'S

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9FMV, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

In that order?

2. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Not quite true... The only portion of Part 97 we are attesting to with our signature on the NCVEC Form 605, used by all the VEC organizations is §97.13(c) which deals with RF Radiation Safety. There is nothing in the signature block about the rest of Part 97 or the mailing address requirement. Below is a direct copy and paste from the current NCVEC Form 605:
    • I waive any claim to the use of any particular frequency regardless of prior use by license or otherwise;
    • All statements and attachments are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and are made in good faith;
    • I am not a representative of a foreign government;
    • I am not subject to a denial of Federal benefits pursuant to Section 5301of the Anti-Drug Abuse Act of 1988, 21 U.S.C. § 862;
    • The construction of my station will NOT be an action which is likely to have a significant environmental effect (See 47 CFR Sections 1.1301-1.1319 and Section 97.13(a));
    • I have read and WILL COMPLY with Section 97.13(c) of the Commission’s Rules regarding RADIO FREQUENCY (RF) RADIATION SAFETY and the amateur service section of OST/OET Bulletin # 65.
    Signature of Applicant:

That said, it would be prudent for EVERY Amateur Radio Operator to familiarize themselves with all of Part 97 and also review it periodically to keep abreast of changes.

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Change your address and quit trying to feel better about not doing it. You could have had it done by now.

WA9SVD likes this.
  4. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that NOT covered by your second point, as all statements and attachments being true, complete and accurate:confused:?

5. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If you get into other Parts of 47 CFR, which do apply to the Amateur Radio Service (47 CFR Part 97 contains ONLY those regulations that are specific to the Amateur Radio Service), there are other regulations that do provide for the knowledge of all regulations concerning amateur radio even though not "spelled out" on the application. Many operators believe that 47 CFR Part 97 are the "only" regulations concerning amateur radio. WRONG! There are definitely regulations that concern several, if not all, of the Radio Services that are contained in other Parts of 47 CFR.

In the "goode olde dayes", amateur radio stations had to have a specific fixed location and, if you moved the station from that location, you had a very short period of time to notify the FCC of the station location change. The station location did NOT have to be the same as the mailing address. Usually, both were the same. However, not always. In fact, when the FCC was issuing additional station licenses, the mailing address was, virtually, never the same as the station location. Those regulations went the way of the dodo bird sometime back. These days, the station location is considered to be wherever the licensee is physically present at the time.

As for mailing addresses: As has been pointed out, by several others, in this thread, the ONLY requirements are that the address has to be in an area administered by the FCC and where the licensee can receive mail. It can be in any of the 50-states, territories, possessions, or commonwealths. The licensee does NOT have to even live at the address. The mail can even be forwarded so long as it is received in a "reasonable" length of time.

There is an address, in north Dallas, Texas, where almost 200 amateur radio operators have their mailing address. All of these persons are Chinese nationality students enrolled in the University of Texas at Dallas (actually in Richardson and mostly in Collin County). The owner, of the house, allows the address to be used as the mailing address for the students. PERFECTLY legal!

Glen, K9STH

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have a list of these "other regulations" where this requirement is contained?

7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

China, Texas?

8. K9STH

JEM:

47 CFR Part 2 is one place to start.

Glen, K9STH

9. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are making a claim that some other section contains these regulations, then you need to reference where they are. It is not me making this claim, I have no obligation to do research that may or may not back up your claim. I see a lot of people saying things that cannot be backed up, or they don't take the time to show it, if it is true.

If you have knowledge that these regulations exist, then you know where they are, and can point to them.

10. K9STH

JEM:

I am not going to copy page after page of regulations. However, I suggest that you read 47 CFR Part 2 Subpart A for various definitions, Subpart B for the various national and international allocation and assignment of frequencies, Subpart C for the meaning of the various emission designators and bandwiths, Subpart K wherein the importation of up to 3-each of radio devices that do NOT meet any certification, including 47 CFR Part 15, by licensed amateur radio operators is allowed. 47 CFR Part 1 Section 1.4X and 1.5X for things having to do with petitions, Section 1.8X and 1.9X for things having to do with foreitures, etc., Part 1 Subpart C for things having to do with rulemaking. 47 CFR Part 15 for requirements for certification of commercially manufactured receivers capable of receiving between 30.0 MHz and 960.0 MHz as well as portions of amateur radio bands where unlicensed transmitters are allowed. 47 CFR Part 90 where LMR operations are allowed in Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo in the lower portion of the amateur radio 70 cm band as well as the technical specifications wherein equipment manufactured for amateur radio frequencies do not meet the requirements. Even in 47 CFR Part 95 where use of amateur radio equipment is unlawful for "CB" operation.

Not every amateur radio operator is going to be concerned with every one of these sections except that every operator, who ever transmits, is going to be affected by 47 CFR Part 2 Subpart C and the majority are going to be affected by 47 CFR Part 15 where the certification of commercially manufactured equipment capable of receiving between 30.0 MHz and 960.0 MHz are concerned unless imported under the provisions contained in 47 CFR Part 2 Subpart K and even then if challenged by someone stating the the equipment does not meet the certification requirements contained in 47 CFR Part 15.

Glen, K9STH