ADDRESS CHANGE FCC REG'S

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KB9FMV, Oct 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB9FMV

KB9FMV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you all great info

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Whenever one "passes the exam," and is issued a license, we are ALL required to know §Part 97, even if most was not on the exam. (We actually attest to that when we sign an application form with our license application. Sadly, I guess one's signature, even with required witnesses, is no longer valid?:(:confused: (Or that AND $5 will get you a fancy coffee and a doughnut at some shops.)
    So, there is NO excuse to not keeping the FCC updated with a current (and reliable) mailing address. For all I care, you could live in Timbuktu, but you would STILL have to receive mail in a timely manner from the address provided to the FCC, and THAT has to be within the U.S. (or properties/possessions) serviced by the U.S.P.S.

3. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The other side of this is that many of the FCC rules and regs are written in rather obscure lawyerese and tend to obfuscate rather than enlighten (perhaps intentionally). ;)

4. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

IMHO, I would call this plain English.

"Each license grant must show the grantee's correct name and mailing address. The mailing address must be in an area where the amateur service is regulated by the FCC and where the grantee can receive mail delivery by the United States Postal Service. Revocation of the station license or suspension of the operator license may result when correspondence from the FCC is returned as undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the correct mailing address."

If anyone needs it a little bit simpler:

1. You have to give your correct name and address.
    2. The address has to be somewhere in the USA, and it has to be a place where the USPS delivers mail.
    3. If we send something to you and it comes back to us, we might take away your license if it's your fault.

5. KB9FMV

That is really

6. KB9FMV

That is really clear then with that said its a clear violation!

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Geez, have the guy use your address - he's using your station...

8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

but,.............. the OP is not a Technician, is he really required to know what is on the current Tech element?

flame suit on

9. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That hasn't got anything to do with the post I replied to. That post stated that it was a bad thing the amateur exams don't have questions about the regs (to paraphrase).

K3XR likes this.
  10. K7KBN

K7KBN Ham Member QRZ Page

Repeat violations will result in those involved being sent to bed without supper. And smothered.

W4NNF likes this.