Additions to the contest options list

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by K3TCU, Jan 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3TCU

K3TCU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be very handy to include a line in the contest menu for SOTA and POTA. It would be nice to be able to sort your log to build user specific ADIF records .

Gary Kulling
    K3TCU

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

QRZ conforms with ADIF specification for Contest ID: http://www.adif.org/307/ADIF_307.htm#Contest_ID
    Contact ADIF development group.

You can sort your log many different ways, select New View in the Viewing pull down menu to build same.

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

SOTA is NOT a contest, and has no place in ANY contest menu. POTA? Probably not a contest either.

4. K3TCU

K3TCU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I DIDN'T suggest that they were contests!
    However having the ability to label a contact from a drop down menu would be convenient. What the heck is so sacred about the "Contest" menu anyway? I'd wager most, or few log users even utilize it. It's just a drop down tab to allow you to pick a specific event and tag your qso so you can retrieve or group like qso's in the future.
    I understand the "NewView" but when a drop tab is available why not just put a line in to be picked! QRZ is my primary log and I'm just wanting it to be more user friendly! I can just label my SOTA stuff and WFF/KFF stuff some obscure contest label. No problem I guess.
    Thanks Administrator for the quick response and keep up the good work on the site!

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

The Contest field is an ADIF Specification field. Adding information that is not in conformance with the ADIF table for that field would result in a non-conformant ADIF file at export.