Adding UK callsign that is no longer active

Discussion in 'Add My Call Sign to QRZ - Database Helpers Forum' started by G4BSJ, Sep 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. G4BSJ

G4BSJ QRZ Member

Are you able to add my UK callsign to QRZ even though it is currently inactive but will not have been re-issued to another amateur.

2. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Your question was forwarded to our HQ.

Thanks,

3. EB1BSV

EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I will check

4. EB1BSV

EB1BSV Volunteer / Dx Helper/ Moderator / Lifetime Member Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Could you kindly clarify what is your old and new call?

5. G4BSJ

G4BSJ QRZ Member

Hi Julio,
    G4BSJ is my call sign from when I was licensed in the UK in the late 1970's.
    I moved to USA in 1985 and so my UK license elapsed, however, they are never re-issued to a different person.
    I currently have no USA radio license other than a GROL, but I will be taking the Novice/General/Advanced
    at some time next year after I have retired and have more time. I hope to get a vanity call sign that has 4BSJ in it.
    The reason I asked to be a Ham Member was because I was trying to contact a Ham Member that would only respond
    when contacted via QRZ email but I could not find that email address, I assume it is only viewable by ham members.

6. EB1BSV

in progress

7. JA6XZS

JA6XZS Volunteer DX Helper Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good morning G4BSJ,

The answer to your request from HQ is that "Inactive callsign should be added under "Aliases and previous callsigns" on the edit callsign details page."

So looks like you need to be add your valid callsign (if you have) then add an inactive callsign under it.

If you have any more questions, please contact HQ directly at https://ssl.qrz.com/support

Thank you for your understanding.

73, Kaz
    JA6XZS

8. G4BSJ

G4BSJ QRZ Member

Seems I can't add an inactive call sign let alone a UK one until I have a valid US call sign that is in the QRZ database,
    and as I have no edit call sign details page I consequently have no aliases and previous call signs tab !!!!!
    Oh well.

9. EB1BSV

In progress