Adding multiple pictures

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by N2YEG, Apr 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. N2YEG

N2YEG Ham Member QRZ Page

I added two pictures, but only the primary one displays. (I was successful, however in adding a picture to the Biography.) It is a club call and I am the administrator. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

2. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KM4OCS

KM4OCS Ham Member QRZ Page

Vlad - I may be having either a similar problem as N2YEG.
    a) *not* a problem to upload another pic
    b) *not* a problem to assign new pick as primary
    c) *not* a problem to put new (or old) pic in Biography page
    The thing is, when I click on the picture on a ham's page, there are gadgets the *appear* to allow you to scroll through all their pictures (or mine!). This is not working for me & is not working for my friend who would like to show me his additional pictures & has not yet gone to the trouble of embedding them on his Bio page! It seems that the only way of displaying additional pictures is to embed them in the Bio page. This does not seem like the functionality that was intended, given the "prev" and "next" buttons when I click on a primary image
    Help!

4. KM4OCS

This is still not working, this does not appear to be one of those transient problems, but a permanent bug. Don't know if folks with phones experience this problem, I am using Firefox on a Debian desktop computer, but I doubt my friend with the same problem has an identical setup.

5. UA6JD

UA6JD Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

First at all check if Javascript enable in your page - https://www.qrz.com/page/javascript.html
    Be sure that you upload file with right name . For example , if you upload file named "sari spring.jpg" - and add it to your page , it will re-named to "sari_spring.jpg" and not display . The signs like space, "-" and large *.PNG files rename to *.jpg and confuse with display. The best way rename file before you upload to pix1.jpg, pix2.jpg etc - it help easy navigate when you will edit your page.

I am just now test to add image to your page and no have any problem.

You have just only 1 primary image, so if you using "prev"/"next" buttons it will display only 1 image.
    If you interesting with slide show - you have to add some CSS to realize this project.

KM4OCS likes this.
  6. KM4OCS

Vlad, thank you for your response.

Javascript is fine, thanks for the link.

I have changed my photo names to "sari2014.jpg" and "oldsalem20190430.jpg".

The only problem I have had and am still having is using the "prev"/"next" buttons. How do I have multiple primary images? I was hoping that I could use these buttons to scroll through my entire set of images on qrz. I don't need a slide show. Thank you, -cathy

7. KM4OCS

Vlad, you wrote:
    "You have just only 1 primary image, so if you using "prev"/"next" buttons it will display only 1 image."

I have uploaded 2 images, is there a way to make them both primary so that I can see them both using the "prev"/"next" buttons?

What I want is to see both images, using the "prev"/"next" buttons that are present when I click on my primary image.
    Thank you, -cathy

8. KM4OCS

Is there anyone out there who can point me to a single call-sign whose "prev"/"next" buttons work to display different images when the primary image is clicked on when visiting their page? Thank you so much. -cathy