Adding a Panadapter to an IC-718

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by N5NXZ, Sep 14, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. CA3CFM

CA3CFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, but that changes my plans haha. I guess it won´t be finished today. :)

3. PU5VEN

PU5VEN Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't matter, it's a low voltage tap point, any 50V cap will do the job

CA3CFM likes this.
  4. CA3CFM

5. VE3TMT

VE3TMT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That's a pretty high gain figure. The main purpose of the board is to provide a high impedance connection to the IF chain. This prevents loading down the IF level, which would reduce your receive level. If the board has a few dB of gain, no problem. That board will work, you'll probably have to run the gain setting in the SDR software fairly low.

As for hookup, the IF signal from the radio is fed to the IN jack and the OUT jack would go to the antenna input on the SDR dongle.

6. CA3CFM

Ah ok, so very simple. I´ll try to get the one you showed me, but they don´t ship to Chile :). Not yet. haha.

7. KG5HLB

KG5HLB Ham Member QRZ Page

Trent, if you still have a copy of how you added a panadapter to use with IC 718, I would love to get a copy. I have an IC718 as well as a KX3/PX3 and love the PX3 capabilities. Would be great to add to the IC718 the same abilities. My email is KG5HLB@gmail.com Thanks in advance and 73, Paul KG5HLB

8. VE2USM

VE2USM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Trent,

If possible could you send me a copy.
    stevecamrass@gmail.com

Thanks

Steve
    VE2USM

9. M0UAW

M0UAW Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd rather appreciate a copy of the instructions too please?

10. W2SGM

W2SGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't understand the chain of email requests and dead links in this thread. Can't the PDF just be uploaded here?