[ADDED] Rejected Filter

Discussion in 'Suggestions and New Feature Requests' started by W0AQ, Aug 1, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. W0AQ

W0AQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Working FT8 or FT4, you can get a few unconfirmed QSOs. This is hard when some people don't send the 73 at the end and just move on to another QSO.

When you filter, and select the field, "QSO Status," it has confirmed and unconfirmed, but it would help to have a "rejected" selection as well.

Yes, you do get a notification, but if you don't have time to take care of it (which involves editing the WSJT-X .adi file as well as here on QRZ) it's easy to forget to take care of it.

If a person gets four or five over the course of a week, it would be easy to just see them all at one time to mass delete.

2. N2IPH

N2IPH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hear ya. Have about 2400 unconfirmed now. I've thought about deleting the old ones, but then someone will confirm something from 2018 and all of a sudden I have 3 or more QSOs that were confirmed on QRZ AND on LoTW back in 2018 but are now show as QRZ confirmed in 2020. The difference is that those QSOs are now no longer valid as the other station has moved thereby changing county, grid, or even to a new state. So now the entry in my log no longer jives with their current location information and QRZ treats these as incongruent and they are removed from my awards listing. None of them have been resolved fixed so far. The other party doesn't respond to an email asking if they moved or were working from a grid other than home on that date., or they have a QSL manager who never responds. So if I even bother to ask anymore I wait a month. No reply I just delete them. Contacting QRZ does not help, they leave it up to the two parties to iron out the differences. But it seems to me that the issue arises when the change in location is made by someone. I'm not sure how this happens. Is it triggered by an address change the Ham makes with the FCC and QRZ picks up on it? Or is it by the Ham editing their location information on QRZ, or maybe some combination of the two.

Unfortunately on LoTW you can not delete a QSO, so there I have 5142 unconfirmed that will never go away.

3. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ callsign page properties are editable under the selection EDIT (CALLSIGN) on the pull down menu at your right hand callsign. For US licensees, the FCC Database is the initial source. For others, any QRZ registered member may initially assist in set up of their new callsign page.

QRZ Logbook properties are editable at SETTINGS / Logbook Properties. The properties in effect at the date/time of the QSO are assigned. Nonetheless, they may be overridden by after the fact editing.

The details on the callsign and logbook pages are not mutually dependent.

4. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

WØAQ,

Today is your lucky day. You can now create views (filters) that specify a QSO Status of rejected.

W2VW and N2IPH like this.
  5. W0AQ

Wow, thanks! I'm off to take a look. Appreciate it!

6. W0AQ

Very handy. Works like a champ!