add W4PER to the list

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by NY8T, Nov 26, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. NY8T

NY8T Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears that this person was using the following email address: w4per.rob@gmail.com

trying to sell a Yaesu FTM-100dr on qrz. Said it was available, then the ad was deleted, then I inquired why that happened........... silence..........

Steer clear is my advice.

AG5DB likes this.
  2. K4DVW

K4DVW Ham Member Staff Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Ad was scammer from Hong Kong, using copy of old ad.

NY8T likes this.
  3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W8NIC

W8NIC Ham Member QRZ Page

yeah, i got scammed by this clown. paypal reversed transaction. Sad that a lot of hams are scams and a lot of good hams are hacked and scammed.

5. KG9H

KG9H Ham Member QRZ Page

And I believe I also got scammed by the same guy, de KG9H

6. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Note, I got an offer to buy an FT-990 from this guy identified as W4PER. I sent the money to him via PayPal and 24 hours later another person refunded the money to me saying he was having trouble withdrawing it and the email address PP has for him is not the address I was given for payment by this Robert Townsend who apparently is the real W4PER.
    I got the money back, but now I am wondering what the hell is going on.
    And he sends me an email stating now he wants me to send it to his PP business address?
    The address he is using, whoever it is, is w4per.rob@gmail.com and it appears he uses vaiations of that address too. The address he had me send money too was rob.w4per@gmail.com.
    Funny, don't know what happened, but I think this is a phony somehow. At least they had trouble getting the money from PP and they refunded it!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 4:18 PM
  7. W7KKK

W7KKK Ham Member QRZ Page

Note, I called PP and they have no record of a Robert B. Townsend, who is W4PER according to the FCC, on record as having an account.
    PP also has no record of Townsend sharing an account with Berc Brent, who allegedly is his son according to his emails.
    I got the money back anyway but I am more than reluctant to send money to another address for this guy.

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Report these addresses to google.