ad: M2Ant-1

Add Regional Designator to Callsign

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by M0WIV, Nov 25, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. M0WIV

M0WIV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am registered as M0WIV but carried out some SOTA activations in Scotland and Wales recently where my callsign changed to MM0WIV and MW0WIV. When I tried to upload the QSOs into the QRX Logbook it rejected them but I can't find a way to add these secondary callsigns. I've had a search on the Forum but can't find an answer.

Any assistance would be most gratefully received.

John

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

Go here to set up additional logbooks. Be sure to set all the parameters in Logbook Properties.
    GL!

newlogbook.jpg

M0WIV likes this.
  3. M0WIV

Thank you, but does that mean the new logbooks will have no link to my primary callsign of M0WIV?

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure what you mean by link? Since they are in different 'countries' they cannot be combined for awards.
    If you want a person who searches for MM0WIV to automatically be re-directed to your M0WIV bio page that is possible as well.
    Remember, the database for logging is separate than the general information (bio) base.

M0WIV likes this.
  5. M0WIV

Thank you. I will have a go at setting it all up.

6. MW6TYD

MW6TYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes. You can redirect people to your main QRZ page by listing aliases, adding it as a managed callsign will generate a second logbook for you, but you'll also end up having to manage multiple QRZ pages which isn't ideal.

To use the Alias function, navigate to the edit section for your call sign...

upload_2021-11-29_2-1-17.png

Scroll down until you see this area, add the callsign with the /p or /m or /mm and a comment describing what it's for...

upload_2021-11-29_2-2-9.png

Then when someone searches your portable callsign, they get the primary callsign QRZ page like this:
    upload_2021-11-29_2-5-1.png

Hope that helps!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    M0WIV likes this.