add audio amp to canteen regen?

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by KB2WVO, Oct 11, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

ok image below i thin... remember i know very little of what iam doing.. so learn me a few things with all your folks help ..

image below in the red lined area i think is tube 1 AF preamp. 2 is AF fin amp 25z5 will be powering them .
    i would like to hook the canteen regen as its useing a 6sk7.

headphones r ok but like to tinker around listening.. tho if a must unable to do anything for AF amp so be it lol
    the schematic is the hallicrafters s22r. it is guted to bare chassie. sockets are out of chassie .. so i can line things up way i need to..
    the VC is out for damage control. meening not to get damaged. sides the gear train is safe to ..

if unable to. then ill just go with the canteen itself as is.

wow i feel like the yankess far off base lol ..

image credit for canteen is in the image itself.. ty

Attached Files:

2. WB0RIO

WB0RIO Ham Member QRZ Page

That's a pretty ambitious project, my instinct is that you would have too little radio circuitry
    and too much audio amp if you combined those two circuits. If it were me, I'd turn the gutted
    radio into a basic MOPA transmitter (google MOPA for many examples) and use a simpler audio amp
    for the regen.

Here's a simple audio amp that I've used with regen receivers, much fewer parts,
    sensitive and loud enough for a simple receiver:
    http://www.solorb.com/elect/musiccirc/6U8AmpV3/index.html

This might be a better topic for the homebrew forum...

KB2WVO likes this.
  3. KB2WVO

KB2WVO Ham Member QRZ Page

nice little setup for sure. only issue is the tubes.. i dont have them or there twins ..
    i tried a 386 . with soild state regen. was so so .. ill have to figure something out not a major hurry ..

i figured the above i posted. i have all the tubes ... but yeah the canteen isnt workin as good as i hoped . its audio output even in 600ohm headphones is poor very poor... if wind blows no hear a thing.. sides that it isnt pickin up RF good.
    no idea ... more to learn.. i know the 6sk7's are good.. i have 1 out of a working hallicrafters tested it.. same issues.
    even to 70 plus vdc. still didnt help.. but the 70 vdc plus is from 4 power supplys chained. so might be half the issue.. even on battery tho 30 volts asnt much better.